Planning Issues Limited is an in-house Planning and Design Consultancy for Churchill Retirement Living. The team is made up of Chartered Town Planners and Architects as well as Affordable Housing professionals.
Planning Issues is involved right from the initial stages of land identification through to completion of the development. The team is keen to engage with the local community, key local stakeholders and Local Planning Authorities.
Planning Issues is committed to the delivery of high quality design solutions for Churchill Retirement Living and future residents alike.
Benefits of Sheltered Housing:
- Neighbourly form of development.
- Reduces demands on Health and Social Services as single visits are possible to pool resources.
- Provides companionship and a community which reduces isolation, loneliness and depression.
- Well located to shops and essential services reducing the need to travel by car.
- Helps to maintain an independent lifestyle and heath and general wellbeing.
- Safety and security features reduce anxieties and worries experienced by many elderly people.
- Ongoing maintenance is provided by the Millstream Management Services.
Churchill Retirement Living always seeks to work in partnership with Local Planning Authorities to ensure an appropriate range of housing is offered to older people, in a way that satisfies the policies of local planning policy while also satisfying the government’s wider planning and housing objectives. To assist in the achievement of this, Churchill Retirement Living have participated in the production of a good practice guide entitled ‘Planning for Retirement Housing’. Click here to view the guide.
Churchill Retirement Living and Planning Issues is delighted to be supporting the 'Housing in Later Life' Campaign. This campaign seeks to raise the profile of later life housing so older people are aware of the benefits it provides. It also calls on national and local government to do more to encourage building in this sector. To find out more information click here.
If you would like to discuss our approach to planning and design, please contact Andrew Burgess, Managing Director via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01425 462100.