Secretary to Managing Director – Planning - Ringwood
We are Churchill Retirement PLC, the fastest growing company in the UK retirement house building sector and we’re looking for people like you.
We’re a family-run, privately-owned business and we’re going places. We’re proud of what we do, and the people we work with. We have ambitious growth plans for the future, now employing 600 people and growing all the time.
We pride ourselves on building beautiful, quality, purpose-built one and two bedroom apartments in desirable locations across the UK for those looking for an independent lifestyle in later life. Developments are designed to take away all the hassle and fears that can be experienced by older people and provide security, peace of mind and independence.
We’ve won a host of awards; most recently we have been recognised by The Sunday Times as the 3rd best company to work for and in 2016 we became the first ever retirement living specialist to have been named overall ‘Housebuilder of the Year’ by the WhatHouse? Awards.
About the role
We’re looking for Secretary to assist the Managing Director of our Planning Issues team based in our stunning Head Office in Ringwood.
You’ll have the opportunity to liaise with a wide range of internal and external contacts. You’ll keep on top of a busy and varied workload, ensuring all deadlines are met and workload schedules are managed. You’ll be responsible for organizing Public Consultations and collation of planning application and planning appeal documentation.
General responsibilities include:
- Handle all incoming calls quickly and efficiently
- Greet visitors
- Invoice management
- Public Consultation arrangement
- Receive and handle incoming post and collate outgoing post in time for daily collection
- Type letters and minutes in accordance with the company standard formats.
- Assist in compilation and binding of reports
- Diary management for the Managing Director of Planning Issues.
- Booking meetings, travel and accommodation for team members
- Maintain contact lists and update spreadsheets
Hours of work are 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00 to 5.00pm on Friday, with one hour for lunch.
We’re looking for a self-motivated, personable individual who enjoys working as part of a busy team. It’s important that you have proven experience as a Secretary and first class organisation skills. You’ll be approachable with a friendly ‘can do’ attitude and pride yourself on your attention to detail and ability to prioritise. You’ll have all round IT skills that include MS Office and experience of databases.
Flexibility and effective communication are key in order to manage a varied and busy workload.
How you’ll be rewarded
- Competitive salary
- Annual holiday entitlement - 24 days minimum + Bank Holidays
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Day off on your birthday
- £200 vouchers for expectant parents
- Health Screening
- Eye Care Reimbursement Scheme
- Professional Subscriptions
- Land Introduction Bonus
If you want to be part of our success story send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference number GRP1176. Closing date for application is 21.05.21.
Our Company Values TORCH: Trust/Openness/Respect/Communication/Honesty