- Are you a talented Architectural Technician who wants to work for a dynamic Company with bold growth plans?
- Do you want to be part of a Company who not only values its people but rewards them accordingly?
Churchill Retirement PLC is the fastest growing company in the UK retirement house building sector and we’re looking to recruit people like you. We’re a family-run, privately-owned business and are proud of what we do and the people we work with.
We have exciting and ambitious growth plans for the future. Our mission is to be the most successful house builder in the UK and our objective is to achieve the growth required to deliver 1,000 unit sales by 2024. With an award winning product and sector-leading profit margins, the Company is now committing to investing in the future and the long-term growth of the Business.
We pride ourselves on building beautiful, quality, purpose-built one and two bedroom apartments in desirable locations across the UK for those looking for an independent lifestyle in later life. Developments are designed to take away all the hassle and fears that can be experienced by older people and provide security, peace of mind and independence.
We’ve won a host of awards; most recently we have been recognised by The Sunday Times as the 3rd Best Company To Work For and in 2016 became the first ever retirement living specialist to have been named overall ‘Housebuilder of the Year’ by the WhatHouse? Awards.
About the role
We’re looking for an Architectural Technician to join our Technical Team in our Midlands region, based at our office in Bromsgrove.
You’ll be required to assist with a number of projects at any one time under the direction of the Technical Manager.
- Producing working drawings for technically challenging retirement apartment projects.
- Checking and approving supplier information.
- Liaising with the NHBC to ensure compliance with current building regulations.
- Producing site specific technical details.
- Attending monthly site meetings.
- Liaising with external consultants and statutory bodies to ensure the provision of high quality drawings.
You’ll have the opportunity to liaise with a wide range of external contacts, including consultants, suppliers, statutory authorities, sub-contractors and NHBC to ensure that all approvals are achieved in line with project completion.
You’ll play a key role in ensuring the continued success of Churchill Retirement Living’s desirable developments.
Hours of work are 9.00am to 5.30pm, Monday to Thursday and 9.00am to 5.00pm on Friday, with one hour for lunch. Some additional overtime may be required during busy periods. Whilst the majority of time will be spent in the office, there will be occasional site visits.
We’re looking for an experienced Technician with knowledge of the relevant regulations, including building and fire regulations relating to multi-storey apartment buildings. You’ll be skilled at operating AutoCAD to a high degree of proficiency.
Initiative and flexibility are key as you’ll be working on a number of projects at any one time and will be required to make day to day decisions relating to design, technical and site issues to ensure that construction is unimpeded. The role is fast moving and time pressured as you’ll be working to a number of strict deadlines; excellent time management skills and the ability to work under pressure are therefore essential. Discretion is also vital as the role will involve advance access to potential sites.
The HND or equivalent architectural/construction related qualification is desirable but not essential.
How you’ll be rewarded
- Competitive salary
- Annual holiday entitlement - 24 days + Bank Holidays
- Company car provision or cash car alternative
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- John Lewis vouchers - £200 to all expectant mums and dads
- Day off on your birthday
- Eye Care Reimbursement Scheme
- Land Introduction Bonus
- Professional Subscriptions
- Training Courses
- Professional development
If you want to be part of our success story, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number MID1128.