Job Title: Accountant
Location: Ringwood, Hampshire
Reward & Benefits: Competitive salary and excellent Colleague benefits
We are Churchill Retirement Living, the fastest growing company in the UK retirement house-building sector and we’re looking for people like you.
We’re a family-run, privately-owned business and we’re going places. We’re proud of what we do, and the people we work with. We have ambitious growth plans for the future, now employing 600 people and growing all the time.
We pride ourselves on building beautiful, quality, purpose-built one and two bedroom apartments in desirable locations across the UK for those looking for an independent lifestyle in later life. Developments are designed to take away all the hassle, fears that can be experienced by older people, and provide security, peace of mind and independence.
We’ve won a host of awards; most recently we have been recognised by The Sunday Times as the 3rd best company to work for and in 2016 we became the first ever retirement living specialist to have been named overall ‘Housebuilder of the Year’ by the WhatHouse? Awards.
Our Values: TORCH – Trust / Openness / Respect / Communication / Honesty
About the role
We have an exciting new opportunity available for an experienced Accountant or Bookkeeper to join our Executive Office. This interesting and varied role will see you undertaking a variety of accounting functions including;
- Processing VAT returns
- Weekly bank reconciliations
- Preparation and posting adjustments
- Monthly payment runs to suppliers and third parties
- Balance sheet reporting
- Inter-company reconciliation
- Managing debtors log
- Preparation of monthly journals and accounts
- Managing year-end accounting process
- Reviewing and process personal tax returns within required timescales
- Identifying changed in UK Tax legislation and how this may impact
The working hours for this role are 9:00am-5:30pm Monday to Thursday and 9:00am-5:00pm on a Friday.
We are looking for a diligent, detail orientated and proactive Accounts professional with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills. You might be an experienced Bookkeeper who has worked closely with clients directly or an in-house Personal Accounting, either way you will have a broad understanding of accounting functions and systems. .
Our ideal Personal Accountant will be ACCA qualified or qualified by experience, with excellent knowledge of personal tax, CGT and trusts. We would also consider someone who achieved their AAT Level 4 should you also have significant experience as a Bookkeeper.
You will have a logical and methodical way of working with strong time management and planning skills. Confident IT skills and the ability to write clear, concise and accurate reports are also essential skills for this opportunity.
This is great opportunity to undertake a varied and interesting accounts role.
How you will be rewarded
- Competitive salary
- Annual holiday entitlement of 24 days, plus Bank Holidays
- Day off on your birthday
- Personal Pension
- Life Assurance
- Eye care vouchers
- Investment into your personal development
- Career progression opportunities
- Long service awards
- £200 John Lewis vouchers for all expectant parent
- Colleague recommendation bonus scheme
- Colleague well-being initiatives and Ambassadors
- Socially conscious company with our own charitable foundation who offer a fund-matching programme for Colleagues
If you want to be part of our success, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number GRP1232.