Location: St. Albans, Hertfordshire
Reward & Benefits: Competitive salary, company car & excellent benefits
We are Churchill Retirement Living, the fastest growing company in the UK retirement house building sector, and we have an exciting opportunity available to join our expanding Technical team.
We’re a family-owned business and we’re going places. We’re proud of what we do, and the people we work with. We have ambitious growth plans for the future, now employing over 600 people and growing all the time.
We pride ourselves on building beautiful, quality, purpose-built one and two bedroom apartments in desirable locations across the UK for those looking for an independent lifestyle in later life. Developments are designed to take away all the hassle and fears that can be experienced by older people and provide security, peace of mind and independence.
We’ve won a host of awards; most recently we have been recognised by The Sunday Times as the 3rd Best Company to Work for in the UK and became the first ever retirement living specialist to be crowned overall ‘Housebuilder of the Year’ by the WhatHouse? Awards 2016.
About the role
We have a great opportunity for an Architectural Technician to join our expanding Technical Team in St. Albans. You’ll be required to assist with a number of projects at any one time under the direction of the Regional Technical Manager.
· Producing working drawings for technically challenging retirement apartment projects.
· Checking and approving supplier’s information.
· Liaising with the NHBC to ensure compliance with current building regulations.
· Producing site specific technical details.
· Attending monthly site meetings.
· Liaising with external consultants and statutory bodies to ensure the provision of high quality drawings.
You’ll have the opportunity to liaise with a wide range of external contacts, including consultants, suppliers, statutory authorities, sub contractors and NHBC to ensure that all approvals are achieved in line with project completion.
You’ll play a key role in ensuring the continued success of Churchill Retirement Living’s desirable developments.
Hours of work are 9.00am to 5.30pm, Monday to Thursday and 9.00am to 5.00pm on Friday, with one hour for lunch. Some additional overtime may be required during busy periods. Whilst the majority of time will be spent in the office, there will be occasional site visits.
We’re looking for an experienced Technician with knowledge of the relevant regulations, including Building and fire regulations relating to multi storey apartment buildings. You’ll be skilled at operating AutoCAD to a high degree of proficiency.
Initiative and flexibility are key as you’ll be working on a number of projects at any one time and will be required to make day to day decisions relating to design, technical and site issues to ensure that construction is unimpeded. The role is fast moving and time pressured as you’ll be working to a number of strict deadlines; excellent time management skills and the ability to work under pressure is therefore essential. Discretion is also vital as the role will involve advance access to potential sites.
An HNC/HND or equivalent architectural/construction related qualification is desirable but not essential.
How you’ll be rewarded
- Competitive salary
- Company car or cash for car allowance
- Annual holiday entitlement of 24 days + Bank Holidays
- Day off on your birthday
- Excellent Colleague benefits including:
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical
- Health Screening
- John Lewis vouchers - £200 to all expectant mums and dads
- Ongoing investment into your personal development
- Training Courses and Professional Memberships paid
- Colleague well-being initiatives and ambassadors
- Peer recognition programme
- Colleague referral bonus
- Access to Employee Assistance programme
- Eyecare reimbursement
- Land introduction bonus
- Friends & family discount against the cost of a new Churchill apartment
- Charitable match-funding programme for Colleagues wishing to raise money for their chosen charities
If you want to be part of our success story, please apply with your CV and covering letter quoting reference number EAS1460, to firstname.lastname@example.org.