Job title: Head of Land
- Exciting new opportunity available for a Head of Land to leading our acquisition strategy across Kent.
We are Churchill Retirement Living, the fastest growing company in the UK retirement house building sector. We are a family-run, privately-owned, financially robust business with ambitious growth plans for the future.
We are proud of what we do and the people we work with; and in order to turn our growth plans into reality, we will be investing c£300m in land and build projects within the next 5 years. We have absolute confidence in the UK retirement housing market and are ready to invest further!
Churchill Retirement Living is a multi award winning business and in 2020 we were voted the 03rd ‘Best Company to Work for’ in the Sunday Times Awards. Our accolades also include being named the ‘Best Medium House Builder’ at the WhatHouse? Awards and maintaining our 5* HBF Customer Satisfaction Rating for over 10 years.
There has never been a better time to join our Land Team, with our clear strategy, in-house team of experts, industry-leading planning support, and the very best Colleagues to achieve our goals.
About the role
As the new Head of Land you will be a key appointment to the South East Regional Team, with your own clear set of responsibilities and deliverables; whilst being supported by the Land Director.
This opportunity will see you taking ownership of the end to end process including;
- Overseeing Land budgets, targets and strategy for Kent
- Producing target locations and programme for delivery
- Leading, inspiring and mentoring your team
- Proactively identifying land opportunities
- Building strong relationships with Land Owners and Agents
- Carrying out site appraisals and assessment of their suitability
- Ensuring all opportunities are researched and data collated
- Presenting qualified opportunities to Senior Directors
- Negotiating and producing legal agreements
- Undertaking detailed reviews of settlements
- Working closely with the in-house teams across Design, Planning, Commercial, Construction and Sales.
You’ll remain close to all sites agreed as they progress through Planning, supporting the team to overcome any potential objections.
Hours of work are Monday to Thursday 9.00am – 5.30pm and 9.00am – 5.00pm on Friday.
This is a fantastic opportunity for either a Land Manager looking to take the next step in their career or a proven Head of Land wanting to join a company who are ready and motivated to buy.
We are looking for someone with previous experience delivering Land acquisition programmes in Kent or nearby locations. You will have an in-depth knowledge of the local market, towns, sites, and opportunities, with your own networks and contacts.
The successful Head of Land will have the ability to influence decisions using appropriate methods and facts and effective negotiation, communication, and organisational skills.
You will be analytical, a driven individual with a hunger for success, will enjoy meeting targets, overcoming challenges and most importantly supporting your team to do the same.
It’s essential that you’re a competent driver with a valid UK driver’s license as you’ll be spending a large proportion of your time out of the office.
How you’ll be rewarded
- Competitive salary
- Attractive Land Incentive Scheme (paid upon exchange)
- Company car provision or cash for car alternative
- Annual holiday entitlement 25 days minimum + Bank Holidays
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Private Individual Medical Insurance
- John Lewis vouchers - £200 for all expectant mums and dads
- Health Screening
- Eye Care Reimbursement Scheme
- Professional Subscriptions
- Employee referral scheme
If you want to be part of our success story send your CV and a covering letter to both firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job number SE1236