Job title: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: Bromsgrove, West Midlands
Reward & Benefits: Competitive salary, company car cash / cash for car and excellent benefits
· Are you a talented Senior Surveyor, who wants to work for a dynamic company with bold growth plans?
· Do you want to be part of a company who not only values its people, but also rewards them accordingly?
We are Churchill Retirement Living, the fastest growing company in the UK retirement house building sector, and we have an exciting opportunity available to join our expanding Commercial team.
We’re a family-owned business and we’re going places. We’re proud of what we do, and the people we work with. We have ambitious growth plans for the future, now employing over 600 people and growing all the time.
We pride ourselves on building beautiful, quality, purpose-built one and two bedroom apartments in desirable locations across the UK for those looking for an independent lifestyle in later life. Developments are designed to take away all the hassle and fears that can be experienced by older people and provide security, peace of mind and independence.
We’ve won a host of awards; most recently we have been recognised by The Sunday Times as the 3rd Best Company to Work for in the UK and became the first ever retirement living specialist to be crowned overall ‘Housebuilder of the Year’ by the WhatHouse? Awards 2016.
About the role
Due to our continued expansion, we’re now looking for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to become part of our well established Bromsgrove office, to commercially manage projects across the Midlands.
You’ll manage the entire financial cycle for up to three developments at any one time: from the preparation of anticipated build costs, through to the procurement, payment and final evaluation of subcontractors.
It’s a great role for those who love autonomy and exposure, as you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with our internal specialist functions including the Land, Design and Technical Teams through to the Managing Director. You’ll also be working with our external contractors, suppliers and consultants; agreeing trading terms and contract negotiations.
You’ll be responsible for preparing construction budgets, monitoring costs, preparing schedules, estimates, making payments and monitoring procurement of subcontracts and materials.
Your duties will include:
· Measuring drawings, taking off quantities, preparing schedules, estimates and other working documents.
· Managing a dedicated Material Buyer to ensure budgets and procurement schedules are adhered to.
· Negotiating proposed order values and new Regional Supply agreements, together with purchasing of materials
· Appointing and managing sub-contractors on a monthly basis, including sourcing suitable subcontractors / suppliers and issuing tender enquiry documents.
· Produce Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR) reports for each development on a monthly basis.
· Provide commercial support to the regions land buying team
We’d love it if your commercial acumen has been gained on £multi-million residential apartment blocks, retirement living, extra-care homes or student accommodation, preferably with a Main Contractor, where you have taken projects through their full life cycle, from tender to Final Account.
You’ll hold the HNC or HND qualification and we’d prefer it if you were a member of a professional body RICS or MOICB. It goes without saying you’ll be comfortable understanding architect drawings, specification documents, as well as the relevant terminology.
It’s important you’re a commercially astute negotiator who is used to exceeding time and financial targets, your huge self-motivation and ability to prioritise your workload will ensure you are comfortable working independently and collaboratively to take on a wide range of responsibilities.
Hours of work are 9.00am - 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am – 5.00pm on Friday. The role is office and site based and some additional overtime may be required to meet targets.
How you’ll be rewarded:
- Competitive salary
- Company car or cash for car allowance
- Annual holiday entitlement of 24 days + Bank Holidays
- Day off on your birthday
- Excellent Colleague benefits including:
- John Lewis vouchers - £200 to all expectant mums and dads
- Ongoing investment into your personal development
- Training Courses and Professional Memberships paid
- Colleague well-being initiatives and ambassadors
- Peer recognition programme
- Colleague referral bonus
- Access to Employee Assistance programme
- Eyecare reimbursement
- Land introduction bonus
- Friends & family discount against the cost of a new Churchill apartment
- Charitable match-funding programme for Colleagues wishing to raise money for their chosen charities
If you want to be part of our success story, please apply with your CV and covering letter quoting reference number MID1339 to firstname.lastname@example.org.