140g butter, softened, plus extra for the tin
140g caster sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
140g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
50g icing sugar
- Heat oven to 180C/gas mark 4/160C fan
- Butter a loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment.
- Cream together 140g butter and 140g caster sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add 2 beaten large eggs with a little of the 140g self-raising flour.
- Fold in the remaining flour, 1sp baking powder and 2 mashed bananas.
- Pour into the tin and bake for 30 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool further.
- Mix 50g icing sugar with 2-3 tsp of water to make a runny icing.
- Drizzle the icing across the top of the cake, and voila!
This recipe is taken from BBC Good Food.