Thame retirement development named after town’s literary connection

Churchill Retirement Living’s new development on Greyhound Lane in Thame has been named Yeats Lodge, in a nod to the Nobel Prize-winning poet W. B. Yeats, who lived in the town in the 1920s.

The Company hopes the new community at Yeats Lodge will reflect one of the poet’s famous lines: There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven’t yet met.”

Construction is now under way on the new privately-owned apartments, which once completed will provide 41 attractive, high quality, secure, self-contained apartments in landscaped grounds. As with all Churchill Retirement Living developments, Owners will have the benefits of a communal Owners’ Lounge, a Guest Suite, a Lodge Manager provided by Millstream Management Services, and a 24 hour emergency call alarm service.

Churchill’s Regional Marketing Manager Yvette Christy said:

For every new Churchill development we try to choose a name with a strong connection to the local community. We’re delighted to announce that our new collection of apartments in Thame will be called Yeats Lodge, a name which we felt would link well with the town’s history. W. B. Yeats lived in the town for a number of years at Cuttle Brook House on Lower High Street, which is just around the corner from Yeats Lodge, and his son was born there in 1921.

Like all Churchill Retirement Living developments, the location has been chosen for convenience and is just a short walk from local shops and amenities of Thame’s town centre.

For more information or to register for updates on the new apartments, please call 0800 458 1856 or click here.