Churchill Retirement Living has been granted planning permission by Sevenoaks District Council to build 33 brand new retirement apartments in the heart of Swanley. The new development on Birchwood Park Avenue will be perfectly located for the shops and amenities of the town centre, and close to public transport links.
The new privately-owned apartments will provide attractive, high quality, secure and self-contained accommodation in landscaped grounds. As with all Churchill Retirement Living developments, Owners will have the benefits of a communal Owners’ Lounge, a Guest Suite, a Lodge Manager, and a 24 hour emergency call alarm service.
With less to worry about, Owners will have more time to do the things they enjoy, such as having family or friends to stay in the development’s well-appointed Guest Suite, enjoying a chat with neighbours, or attending one of the regular social events in the comfortable Owners’ Lounge.
Stuart Goodwill, Managing Director of Churchill Retirement Living’s in-house Planning consultancy, said:
I’d like to thank everyone who has helped towards achieving this very positive result. There is a compelling overall housing need in Swanley and the surrounding area, especially for older people, and our site is in a highly sustainable and accessible location for a new development of this kind, so we believe this decision is good news for the town. Allowing older people to downsize will also help free up more homes for families and younger people in the local area.
Delivery of 33 new retirement apartments will meet existing and future need in the area and will provide these key benefits:
- Allows older people to downsize and free up under occupied houses in the local area for families
- Provides older people with safety, security and companionship
- Benefits the ‘basket shopping economy’ as its central location encourages residents to shop locally
- Provides an attractive, bespoke building which complements the existing streetscape
- Creates efficiencies by allowing Health and Social Services practitioners to visit several residents at once, leading to a more effective use of public resources
- Reduces the need to travel by car, due to proximity to local facilities
For more information on the development, please call 0800 458 1857 or visit www.churchillretirement.co.uk.