Retirement Apartments in Newbury
Avonbank Lodge is a development of 59 one and two bedroom retirement apartments situated in the heart of Newbury. The high street is situated a level walk away with a wide range of shops and services including national brands and independent traders along with banks and places to eat and drink.
The Corn Exchange arts theatre presents a varied programme of music and plays, whilst Victoria Park offers a range of leisure activities including tennis courts, a bowls club and café.
Last few remaining – Don’t miss out, call us today to find out more and to book an appointment to view.
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. All of our Lodges benefit from a comprehensive 10-year Building Warranty Guarantee.
- 24 hour call centre support system
- A stone’s throw from Newbury high street
- Landscaped gardens with patio and seating areas
- Lodge Manager
- Plenty of nearby parking
- Secure camera entry system
- Very spacious and comfortable Owners’ Lounge
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from a 3 bed house to a 2 bed apartment could save approximately £1,300* per year.
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Based on ‘Sizing up the Situation’ report (Housing LIN, 2014) and Millstream Service Charge data.
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Millstream Management Services
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Retirement living in an idyllic market town
Situated to the west of Berkshire, Newbury is a vibrant market town full of history and surrounded by attractions such as Highclere Castle, the home of Downton Abbey, and Newbury Racecourse. Newbury also offers a choice of theatres including the Corn Exchange located in the town centre, and the Watermill Theatre in Bagnor.
- Avonbank Lodge is well-located in the heart of the town centre, a level walk to the pedestrianised shopping area and plenty of amenities.
- Victoria Park, centrally located in Newbury, has a boating lake and bandstand for all to enjoy.
- The Market Place hosts regular events including a monthly Farmers’ Market providing locally sourced produce.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Avonbank Lodge
- Doctor's Surgery
- Post Office
- Newbury Racecourse
- Donnington Castle
- Northcroft Leisure Centre
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Move for Free* and be in for Summer! This exclusive offer means we'll cover your moving costs - there's never been a better time to move to a Churchill Apartment. *T&Cs apply
Avonbank Lodge in Newbury has its very own ‘Lady Marmalade’ in apartment Owner Noeline Rycroft, whose homemade preserves have raised an impressive total of £500 for various charities since she moved to the Lodge.