Retirement Apartments in Hungerford
We are delighted to announce that we have acquired this site for a proposed collection of one and two bedroom retirement apartments in the highly sought-after market town of Hungerford in Berkshire. Set alongside the Kennet & Avon Canal and surrounded by beautiful countryside, Hungerford boasts a quintessentially English High Street home to many independent retailers and renowned for its antique shops.
Register your interest today for updates on this exciting new development.
- Show Complex
- Ready to
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 24 hour call centre support system
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Free parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped gardens
- Lodge Manager
- Owners' Lounge with Coffee Bar and WIFI
- Secure camera entry system
- Walking distance to town centre
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
The historic market town of Hungerford
Situated on Station Road in the heart of the historic market town of Hungerford, this proposed development is ideally located within walking distance of the town centre’s independent shops, restaurants, cafes and renowned antiques stores.
- The Bellman is one of the ancient offices of the Town and Manor of Hungerford and can often be seen around the town carrying his bell or beadles pole, delivering messages and leading parades.
- Located on the High Street, Hungerford Antiques Arcade is an award-winning Antiques Centre with over 100 antiques dealers and a coffee shop under one roof.
- The nearby Hungerford Hub hosts regular workshops, book talks, exhibitions and seasonal events for the local community and is also home to the town’s library and a small gift shop selling works by local artisans.
- Hungerford Food and Artisan Markets are held monthly between April and October and feature over 30 local stalls selling local produce, gifts and homewares.
- Hungerford Wharf is the perfect place to start exploring the beautiful Kennet & Avon Canal; take a boat trip aboard the Rose of Hungerford or discover wildlife with a walk along the towpath.
- Hungerford Leisure Centre is home to a state-of-the-art gym, 25m swimming pool and sports hall and runs regular classes for all abilities.
- Set in the middle of the North Wessex Downs AONB is the Wilton Windmill, Wiltshire’s only working windmill, offering guided tours and the perfect spot to enjoy a picnic with breath-taking view across the Downs.
- Set amongst 1,000 acres of spectacular parkland, Highclere Castle is home to the Earl and Countess Carnarvon and the setting of Downtown Abbey. Book a guided tour of the Castle, explore Highclere’s gardens and enjoy a coffee in the tearooms
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Doctors Surgery
- Post Office
- Hungerford Antiques Arcade
- Hungerford Wharf
- Wilton Windmill
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions