Retirement Apartments in Fishponds
New Pooles Lodge is a delightful development of 40 one and two bedroom retirement apartments, with its beautiful landscaped gardens is the ideal setting for you to enjoy your retirement. Whether its doing a spot of gardening at their potting table, curling up with a good book in the Owners lounge or joining one of the many events if you fancy… The owners at Fishponds love to get involved in various campaigns including fundraising events such as Macmillan also giving the opportunity to meet up with old and new friends and really enjoy that sense of community that Churchill Retirement Living offers. Mike the Lodge Manager is on hand Monday to Friday, you’ll find him a great help, from answering day-to-day queries to keeping an eye on your apartment if you go away, providing you with peace of mind for safe and secure retirement living.
We have recently introduced our Experience Apartment, allowing you to trial the Churchill Retirement lifestyle in one of our beautiful apartments before you buy. Your stay will also allow you to meet the Lodge Manager and other Owners in our Coffee Bar and Owners Lounge and enjoy the landscaped gardens, why not try it for yourself and discover how comfortable and relaxing your new apartment can be.
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. All of our Lodges benefit from a comprehensive 10-year Building Warranty Guarantee.
- 24 hour call centre support system
- En suite to the master bedroom
- Free parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped gardens with patio and seating areas
- Lodge Manager
- Owners' Lounge with Coffee Bar and WIFI
- Secure camera entry system
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from a 3 bed house to a 2 bed apartment could save approximately £1,300* per year.
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Based on ‘Sizing up the Situation’ report (Housing LIN, 2014) and Millstream Service Charge data.
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Millstream Management Services
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Living in Fishponds
Our new retirement homes in Fishponds are perfectly located in a peaceful suburb but close to the diverse city of Bristol, just 5 miles from the city centre.
- This development is located less than half a mile from Fishpond’s town centre, were you’ll find numerous coffee shops and restaurants and a wide range of supermarkets, independent shops and high street retailers.
- Nearby are two large Victorian-era parks – Eastville Park and Vassell’s Park – so there is plenty of green, open space to enjoy. Eastville even has its own boating lake and central wildlife reserves, which makes for a fantastic day out with the grandchildren.
- Good transport links mean getting to the surrounding areas of Bath, Cheltenham, Swindon and South Wales are easy, while Bristol Airport is only 12 miles away from the town.
- There’s a bus stop immediately outside the development, travelling to the surrounding areas is quick and simple.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- New Pooles Lodge
- Doctor's Surgery
- Oldbury Court Estate
- Post Office
- Leisure Centre
- Eastville Park
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Apartment 19 – £327,950 (after promotion price)
This lovely two bedroom apartment is located on the first floor and is west facing. The carpets are included in the sale of the apartment and the apartment itself benefits from great storage features.
For a limited time there is a £10,000* discount and help with moving costs*
Move for Free* and be in for Summer! This exclusive offer means we'll cover your moving costs - there's never been a better time to move to a Churchill Apartment. *T&Cs apply
People at Churchill Retirement Living’s New Pooles Lodge development in Fishponds came together recently to plant a tree in celebration of The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
In his younger days, aircraft engineer Ken Skidmore had a passion for creating model tall ships and elaborate model cars from replica kits. He had given this up long before his move to New Pooles Lodge, but having settled into life in his new apartment he has now rediscovered his passion for this intricate art.