Retirement Apartments in Huntingdon
Moorhouse Lodge is a beautiful, contemporary development of 47 one and two bedroom homes in Huntingdon. These new apartments are located within easy reach of the traditional market town that offers a wide range of shops and a great choice of restaurants and pubs in relaxed settings.
Local amenities are close by too including several supermarkets and pharmacies as well as local clubs to join or swimming at the local leisure centre. Getting around couldn’t be easier too with buses that run regularly around the town, villages and into Cambridge or for a weekend away, London Stanstead airport is only 45 miles from Moorhouse Lodge.
We are now 75% sold – Don’t miss out! Call us on 01480 457905 to book your appointment to view.
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. All of our Lodges benefit from a comprehensive 10-year Building Warranty Guarantee.
- 24 hour Careline support system
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Free parking
- Gated development
- Landscaped garden with seating areas
- Large Owners' Lounge leading to patio and garden
- Owners' Lounge with coffee bar
- Secure camera entry system
- Secure entrance from car park
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from a 3 bed house to a 2 bed apartment could save approximately £1,300* per year.
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Based on ‘Sizing up the Situation’ report (Housing LIN, 2014) and Millstream Service Charge data.
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Millstream Management Services
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Living in Huntingdon
Our retirement apartments for sale in Huntington are located close to Bloomfield Park; a stunning park that has a maze and a bandstand where outdoor music performances are a regular occurrence throughout the summer, as well as a whole host of local amenities so you’ll never be short of things to do or places to go.
- Huntingdon is a traditional market town in Cambridgeshire. It is rich in history and was said to be home to several well-known figures including Samuel Pepys and Oliver Cromwell.
- The town centre offers a wide range of shops and a great choice of restaurants and pubs in relaxed settings. The development is close to a number of amenities including a pharmacy and two supermarkets, while within the vicinity, you’ll find Huntingdon Indoor Bowls Club and the Cromwell Museum – ideal if you fancy a day out.
- Nearby Hinchingbrooke House started as an 11th Century nunnery but later became a Country House and then a school. It is rumoured to be haunted by the nuns who once lived in the convent.
- Close to the development is Bloomfield Park; a stunning park that has a maze and a bandstand where outdoor music performances are a regular occurrence throughout the summer.
- Huntingdon Racecourse is home to many outdoor events, from horse and car shows, to family fun days, making it a popular day out all year round.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Moorhouse Lodge
- Houghton Mill
- Hinchingbrooke County Park
- The Manor at Hemingford Grey
- Grafham Water Centre
- The Cromwell Museum
- Brampton Park Golf Club
- Train Station
- Post Office
- Doctors Surgery
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
When Eileen Cundell was weighing up whether to make the move to a brand new apartment at Moorhouse Lodge in Huntingdon, a blossoming new friendship helped to make up her mind.