Retirement Apartments in Penzance
Mount’s Bay Lodge is a stunning waterside development of 50 one and two bedroom retirement apartments in Penzance. The Wharfside Shopping Centre and the main streets around it offer independent retailers, coffee shops and everyday services such as supermarkets, banks, and a post office.
With the picturesque harbour close by you can enjoy seaside views from the Owners’ Lounge or travel to the Scilly Islands from the Lighthouse Pier– ideal for a weekend away or just a day trip!
We are now SOLD OUT at this popular development, but we still have one apartment available at Perran Lodge in Newquay which enjoys a breath-taking location with panoramic sea views. For further information, please call us on 0800 084 6434.
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. All of our Lodges benefit from a comprehensive 10-year Building Warranty Guarantee.
- 24 hour call centre support system
- Balconies and sea views from many apartments
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Free gated parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Lodge Manager
- Low maintenance lifestyle
- Owners' Lounge with coffee bar
- Secluded south-facing terrace
- Secure camera entry system
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from a 3 bed house to a 2 bed apartment could save approximately £1,300* per year.
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Based on ‘Sizing up the Situation’ report (Housing LIN, 2014) and Millstream Service Charge data.
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Millstream Management Services
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Life in Penzance
This stunning new development is perfectly situated opposite the harbour, with striking views of the ocean, and over to Marazion and Mount’s Bay, home to St Michael’s Mount. For seaside retirement properties, Penzance is perhaps one of the most idyllic places to call home.
- Penzance is a lovely town that is perfect for retirement, with the development offering stunning views and all the amenities you need within walking distance.
- Standing on the shores of Mount’s Bay, the town has a wealth of good independent shops, cafes, boutique hotels and restaurants. The Wharfside Shopping Centre is on your doorstep with a number of coffee shops and eateries, and connects through to the main shopping area of Market Jew Street.
- Penzance train station and bus station are both within easy walking distance, allowing for journeys to Exeter and London.
- The harbour and inner dock shelter fishing boats, visiting yachts and the occasional tall-masted sailing ship, bringing something a little different to the town.
- The development benefits from a secluded first floor terrace and Owners’ Lounge with Coffee Bar offering glorious views over Mount’s Bay.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Mount’s Bay Lodge
- Convenience Store
- Train Station
- Penzance Bus Station
- Artist Residence boutique hotel & restaurant
- Newlyn Art Gallery
- Post Office
- Shopping Centre
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Move for Free* and be in for Summer! This exclusive offer means we'll cover your moving costs - there's never been a better time to move to a Churchill Apartment. *T&Cs apply
Talented local artist Jim Whitlock is inviting local people to a private preview of his new ‘Summit’ exhibition at Mount’s Bay Lodge development in Penzance, where he lives.