Retirement properties in Newquay
This striking development of 48 one and two bedroom retirement apartments is located opposite the green open expanse of The Barrowfields with easy access to the SW coastal footpath and several stunning beaches, just perfect for a lunchtime or evening stroll.
Perran Lodge benefits from a Wellbeing Suite designed for hair and beauty treatments, as well as a sheltered, south-facing terrace overlooking the rear landscaped gardens. Rightmove announced Newquay as the ‘hottest UK property market’ in 2022, making Perran Lodge the ideal seaside location to settle for your retirement.
Due to extremely high demand, we have now SOLD OUT at Perran Lodge. Our nearest developments are Riverain Lodge in Taunton where there is a selection of one and two-bedroom apartments still available or Elmhirst Lodge in Totnes which is now taking reservations off-plan.
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 24 hour call centre support system
- Balconies and sea views from many apartments
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Free parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped gardens with patio and seating areas
- Large Owners' Lounge leading to patio and garden
- Secure camera entry system
- Wellbeing Suite for hair and beauty treatments
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Life in Newquay
Bordered by seven glorious sandy beaches and situated on the North Atlantic coast of Cornwall, this town is blessed with picturesque coastlines and acres of beautiful open spaces to explore at your leisure. Newquay is a beautiful place to call home.
- Newquay is a real foodie hot spot with a variety of top restaurants and al fresco dining with stunning sea views including Rick Stein Fistral and The Beach Hut Watergate Bay
- Newquay has a rich heritage; you can follow the town trail of discs sunk into the ground and discover all about its evolution from fishing port to surf Mecca.
- The town hosts an exciting events calendar that you can immerse yourself into, with sporting, musical and food events to name but a few.
- Situated on the famous South West Coast Path, there are walks in and around Newquay to suit all ages and abilities, from short beachside rambles, to more strenuous cliff routes.
- The development is located opposite The Barrowfields and many of the apartments benefit from balconies to take advantage of the enviable location and sea views.
- Situated a short walk away, Newquay town centre benefits from a comprehensive range of amenities, with a mix of national and local retailers.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Perran Lodge
- Train Station
- Doctors Surgery
- Convenience Store
- Newquay Zoo
- Coffee Shop
- Post Office
- Trenance Park
- SW Coastal Footpath
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Apartment 9 is a large two bedroom apartment on the ground floor with an ensuite shower room and separate bathroom with a bath. This apartment now comes complete with carpets, curtains, light fittings and furniture so you can move straight in and start enjoying your retirement!
Call now to arrange a viewing on 01637 879425!
Move for Free* or up to £15,000 Cashback* in conjunction with Home Exchange - The choice is yours
Many Owners have taken advantage of once of these fantastic offers which is why we are brining our 'Choices' promotion back! Pop in for a coffee and a chat and we can talk through your options and find out what's important to you! *T&C's apply
Barry, one of our Owners at Perran Lodge in Newquay, took advantage of the support that can be provided by The Senior Move Partnership when making the move into a Churchill development.