Retirement Homes in Cumbria for sale – Penrith
A truly stunning place to retire, located in the lake district, Dutton Lodge contains 54 of the best retirement apartments in Penrith.
Penrith has all the ingredients for a charming retirement village with local shops, amenities, a farmers market, and beautiful views of the nearby countryside.
Experience the Cumbrian lifestyle with a vibrant local community to socialise with and many tourists who are staying in the village due to its proximity to the Lake District. The Lake District is renowned for its stunning scenery including mountains, forests, and lakes.
Why not come and experience the lifestyle for yourself with our Experience Apartments which allows you to experience the retirement apartments and lifestyle of living in Penrith before you buy. Your stay will also allow you to meet the Lodge Manager and Owners to hear first-hand what life with Churchill is like. Why not try it for yourself and discover how comfortable and relaxing your new apartment can be!
This popular development is selling fast and is already 80% sold out so don’t miss out – why not join us for our Coffee Morning every Wednesday at 10:30am! Call us today on 017687 58525.
All our Cumbrian apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All Churchill apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. All of our Lodges benefit from a comprehensive 10-year Building Warranty Guarantee.
- 24 hour call centre support system
- Free parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped gardens
- Lodge Manager
- Owners' Lounge with Coffee Bar and WIFI
- Secure camera entry system
- Two balconies on some two bedroom apartments
- Walk-in wardrobes on selected apartments
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Living in Penrith
This charming market town in the north of the Lake District National Park is the perfect place for new apartments. Penrith has a rich history which can be explored through the town’s many heritage trails. Beautiful buildings and Penrith Castle are surrounded by breathtaking Cumbrian countryside making it a popular year-round destination.
- The town boasts a large selection of shops and local amenities all within a short walking distance of Roper Street. These include a Marks & Spencer Food Hall, coffee shops, tea rooms, a Post Office, antique shops and many independent family run stores.
- Penrith is renowned for its award-winning food such as icecream from Abbot Lodge. A regular farmer’s market provides high quality regionally sourced produce.
- Leisure facilities are plentiful, including indoor bowling at the Penrith Leisure Centre as well as a quaint cinema in the town which is more than 100 years old.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Dutton Lodge
- Doctors Surgery
- Post Office
- Leisure Centre
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Apartment 30 – £239,950**
Apartment 30 is a second floor one-bedroom apartment with a Juliette Balcony overlooking the beautiful gardens. It comes with carpets, curtains, fireplace and light fittings. You can also take advantage of our perfect moving package*, which is available for a limited time only.
**Price only available on completion taken on or before the 30th September 2023.
Move for Free* or up to £10,000 Cashback* in conjunction with Home Exchange - The choice is yours
Many Owners have taken advantage of once of these fantastic offers which is why we are brining our 'Choices' promotion back! Pop in for a coffee and a chat and we can talk through your options and find out what's important to you!
Retirees at Churchill’s Dutton Lodge development in Penrith celebrated Valentine’s Day with an afternoon of musical entertainment to give everyone the chance to sing, dance, socialise and share the love this week.