Retirement homes in Kendal
Eddington lodge is a collection of 64 one and two bedroom apartments, including high quality design and utilities all designed to make your retirement comfortable and homely. Our retirement homes are designed to create a relaxing, social and private retirement environment for all to enjoy.
Kendal is the set in the stunning county of Cumbria and is set next to the nearby iconic lakes of the South Lakeland District which is surrounded by low hills and rolling countryside making it great for photos and walks.
Our Welcome Centre is now open, visit us today find out more and take the opportunity to RESERVE an apartment of your choice! No appointment needed, just pop by Tuesday – Saturday 10am to 5pm.
- Show Complex
- Ready to
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 24 hour call centre support system
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Fitted kitchen with built in appliances
- Free parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped garden
- Lodge Manager
- Owners' Lounge with coffee bar
- Secure camera entry system
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
The gateway to the lakes in the heart of Cumbria
Kendal is a charming market town within the South Lakeland District of Cumbria. Surrounded by stunning views across low hills and rolling countryside, it is near to, but not in, the Lake District National Park.
- A bustling high street and market square, (much of which is pedestrianised), reveals several popular shops, indoor and outdoor markets, the Westmorland Shopping Centre and independent boutiques and jewellers. Kendal offers a wide choice of supermarkets including an M&S, Morrisons, and Iceland all less than a 15-minute walk from our proposed development.
- Whether out for lunch or dinner with friends and family, Kendals’ restaurants serve a wide variety of cuisine including traditional English Fayre, Italian, French, Indian, Mexican, Spanish and Vegetarian to name but a few. Those all-important amenities including several opticians such as Specsavers and Vision Express and a Boots, all of which are within easy reach of the development close to each other on the main high street with a doctors’ surgery and dentists less than 5 minutes away.
- Serving the area, Westmorland Hospital in Kendal is only a 10-minute drive from the proposed development. Whether the need is for a bank or building society, both are well served in and around the town centre. A post office is also very central on the main high street as well as many more shops including WH Smith, a travel agent, a butchers, and several hairdressers and barbers meaning everything is right on the doorstep.
- The Brewery Arts Centre, in the hearth of Kendal, offers a myriad of entertainment including a cinema, theatre, live music and comedy nights.
- Well known for its local attractions, Kendal offers something for everyone, from the Lakeland Motor Museum to the Kendal Museum offering many exhibits with a diverse collection of articles, including local archaeological items over several floors. Then there’s the Quaker Tapestry Museum where visitors can journey through the Quaker influence on the modern world.
- Abbott Hall is one of many parks in Kendal and has an open grass field and a crown bowling green. Other parks in Kendal include Bowling Fell on Kendal Heights, Castle Hill is the site of Kendal Castle – the hill gives commanding views which are popular with walkers.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Eddington Lodge
- Westmorland Shopping Centre
- Marks and Spencers
- Thomas Cook Travel Agent
- Carnegie Library
- The Brewery Arts Centre
- Kendal Museum
- Quaker Tapestry Museum
- Abbott Hall
- Kendal Castle
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
.Join us in our beautiful Owners’ Lounge for Christmas Carols with St Oswald’s Primary School at Eddington Lodge.
RSVP to confirm your attendance