Retirement Apartments in Tavistock
This development of 48 one and two bedroom retirement apartments is located opposite the lovely open parkland of The Meadows; home to both the tennis and bowling clubs and close to a wide range of amenities including supermarkets, a post office and places to eat and drink. Fitzford Lodge received a Bronze Award in the Best Retirement Development category at the What House? Awards 2020 and is now 85% SOLD.
Don’t miss out! Call us today to make a priority appointment to view.
All Churchill Retirement Living apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it.
There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
The apartments included tiled shower rooms as standard, while some of them have separate en-suites and cloakrooms – all designed for ease of use and with the needs of our customers in mind.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they are handed over to the standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. All of our Lodges benefit from a comprehensive 10-year Building Warranty Guarantee.
- Fitted and tiled shower room
- Free parking
- Heated towel rail in shower room
- Illuminated light switches
- Large Owners' Lounge leading to patio and garden
- Lodge Manager
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment. That’s why a full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development. Owners are consulted on this annually, and we always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
With energy costs on the increase, it is worth highlighting that we incorporate renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills. We also insulate our developments to a very high standard. This means that the need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving.
*Based on ‘Sizing up the Situation’ report (Housing LIN, 2014) and Millstream Service Charge data.
Carefully considered design
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
We use the very latest construction materials, fixtures and fittings, for maximum energy efficiency and low utility bills. A lift is provided to all floors, so using the stairs whilst carrying heavy shopping isn’t a chore.
A great deal of importance is placed on the communal areas, providing a welcome area for you, your family and friends. All of our developments also have the added benefit of a Guest Suite to accommodate visiting family and friends.
The development will have the following typical specification:
- 24 hour Careline support system
- Camera entry system
- Constructed to NHBC standards
- Double glazed windows
- Easy-turn lever taps
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Gated development
- Intruder alarm system
- Lift to all floors
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Millstream Management Services
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
This is a site specific tour of Fitzford Lodge.
Ancient stannary and market town within West Devon
Situated on the western edge of Dartmoor National Park and on the River Tavy, Tavistock has a rich history as an ancient Stannary town and is popular with visitors as it provides a good starting point for exploring Dartmoor. In 2017 this thriving market town was once again named as one of the Sunday Times best places to live.
- Situated within a level walk of 0.5 miles, the town centre features high street names as well as an eclectic mix of small independent shops.
- Tavistock is perfectly capable of catering for your every need without having to venture out of the town. Along with the necessary banks and post office there’s a range of butcher’s shops, a fishmonger, greengrocers and plenty of lifestyle and clothes shops.
- In addition, Tavistock Pannier Market offers a wide variety of products – ranging from antiques to crafts, clothing and local food producers.
- The town hosts a varied events calendar including the Tavistock Art Exhibition, Tavistock Heritage Festival, The Goose Fair and The Dickensian Evening.
- The open parkland of the Meadows, with the canal flowing through it, provides a succession of attractive green spaces as well as leisure facilities such as Tavistock Tennis Club, Tavistock Bowling Club and Meadowlands Leisure Centre.
- Further afield there is plenty of scope for exploring either further into Devon or across the water into Cornwall. Head west to South East Cornwall and the beautiful Tamar Valley or east to discover the moorland’s rolling hills and majestic tors.
- Fitzford Lodge
- Doctor's Surgery
- Post Office
- HSBC Bank
- Pannier Market
- Meadowlands Leisure Pool
- The Cornish Arms
- The Kitchen Coffee Shop
- Tavistock Wharf
- Tavistock Bowling Club
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions