Retirement Apartments in Tavistock
This development of 48 one and two bedroom retirement apartments is located opposite the lovely open parkland of The Meadows; home to both the tennis and bowling clubs and close to a wide range of amenities including supermarkets, a post office and places to eat and drink. Fitzford Lodge received a Bronze Award in the Best Retirement Development category at the What House? Awards 2020.
Due to extremely high demand, we have only a few apartments remaining at Fitzford Lodge, so get in touch with our dedicated team today to ensure you don’t miss out on this stylish retirement development.
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. All of our Lodges benefit from a comprehensive 10-year Building Warranty Guarantee.
- 24 hour Careline support system
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Free parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Large landscaped rear gardens
- Lodge Manager
- Low maintenance lifestyle
- Patios and balconies to selected apartments
- Secure camera entry system
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from a 3 bed house to a 2 bed apartment could save approximately £1,300* per year.
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Based on ‘Sizing up the Situation’ report (Housing LIN, 2014) and Millstream Service Charge data.
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Millstream Management Services
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Ancient stannary and market town within West Devon
Situated on the western edge of Dartmoor National Park and on the River Tavy, Tavistock has a rich history as an ancient Stannary town and is popular with visitors as it provides a good starting point for exploring Dartmoor. In 2017 this thriving market town was once again named as one of the Sunday Times best places to live.
- Situated within a level walk of 0.5 miles, the town centre features high street names as well as an eclectic mix of small independent shops.
- Tavistock is perfectly capable of catering for your every need without having to venture out of the town. Along with the necessary banks and post office there’s a range of butcher’s shops, a fishmonger, greengrocers and plenty of lifestyle and clothes shops.
- In addition, Tavistock Pannier Market offers a wide variety of products – ranging from antiques to crafts, clothing and local food producers.
- The town hosts a varied events calendar including the Tavistock Art Exhibition, Tavistock Heritage Festival, The Goose Fair and The Dickensian Evening.
- The open parkland of the Meadows, with the canal flowing through it, provides a succession of attractive green spaces as well as leisure facilities such as Tavistock Tennis Club, Tavistock Bowling Club and Meadowlands Leisure Centre.
- Further afield there is plenty of scope for exploring either further into Devon or across the water into Cornwall. Head west to South East Cornwall and the beautiful Tamar Valley or east to discover the moorland’s rolling hills and majestic tors.
- Fitzford Lodge
- Doctors Surgery
- Post Office
- Pannier Market
- Meadowlands Leisure Pool
- The Kitchen Coffee Shop
- Tavistock Bowling Club
- Tavistock Wharf (Theatre)
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Move for Free* and be in for Summer! This exclusive offer means we'll cover your moving costs - there's never been a better time to move to a Churchill Apartment. *T&Cs apply