Retirement properties in Sidmouth
Lockyer Lodge is a development of 40 one- and two-bedroom retirement apartments located near the Byes Riverside Park in the quaint village of Sidford and is just a short bus journey to Sidmouth High Street; with a great selection of restaurants, independent retailers and cafes.
Sidmouth offers Regency history and architecture as well as year-round entertainment at The Manor Pavilion Theatre and the annual Sidmouth Folk Week & Sidmouth Jazz Festival. Popular landmarks include the wide promenade, Connaught Gardens and Jacobs Ladder from where you can enjoy wonderful views of the surrounding coastline.
Due to extremely high demand, we have now reserved the last apartment at Lockyer Lodge. Our nearest development is Riverain Lodge in Taunton where a selection of one and two-bedroom apartments are still available.
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 24 hour call centre support system
- Free parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped gardens with patio and seating areas
- Lodge Manager
- Owners' Lounge with Coffee Bar on ground floor
- Secure camera entry system
- Walk out balconies on selected apartments
- Walk-in wardrobe in main bedroom
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
The gateway to the Jurassic Coast
Sidford is a pretty village on the outskirts of the popular seaside town of Sidmouth in Devon. Considered to be the gateway to the Jurassic Coast, a large part of the town is a designated conservation area.
- Sidmouth is an established retirement location and in 2014 was named by The Times as one of the 30 best places to live in the countryside because of its “Regency architecture and stunning Jurassic Coast views”.
- With a population of around 15,000, the town has an excellent range of amenities, while still retaining that relaxed, quiet atmosphere.
- This new development is close to Sidford High St and within a mile of the nearest Waitrose. The famous fish and chip shop, Bloaters is also only a short distance away, perfect for Fridays!
- With the beach in such close proximity, Sidford offers everything you’d need for a peaceful retirement that can be as active as you’d like.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Lockyer Lodge
- Doctors Surgery
- Post Office
- Tennis Club
- Garden Centre
- Donkey Sanctuary
- Connaught Gardens
- The Byes Riverside Park
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Move for Free* or up to £15,000 Cashback* in conjunction with Home Exchange - The choice is yours
Many Owners have taken advantage of once of these fantastic offers which is why we are brining our 'Choices' promotion back! Pop in for a coffee and a chat and we can talk through your options and find out what's important to you! *T&C's apply
In 2016 Raymond Tougher and his wife Lorraine moved into a new Churchill apartment at Holyshute Lodge in Honiton.