Retirement Apartments in Sidford
Lockyer Lodge is a development of 40 one and two bedroom retirement apartments located in the quaint village of Sidford, just a stone’s throw away from the popular seaside town of Sidmouth.
Our Show Complex is open and we are now 50% SOLD. Call us today to book your priority appointment.
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. All of our Lodges benefit from a comprehensive 10-year Building Warranty Guarantee.
- 24 hour call centre support system
- Free parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped gardens with patio and seating areas
- Lodge Manager
- Owners' Lounge with Coffee Bar on ground floor
- Secure camera entry system
- Walk out balconies on selected apartments
- Walk-in wardrobe in main bedroom
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from a 3 bed house to a 2 bed apartment could save approximately £1,300* per year.
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Based on ‘Sizing up the Situation’ report (Housing LIN, 2014) and Millstream Service Charge data.
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Millstream Management Services
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
The gateway to the Jurassic Coast
Sidford is a pretty village on the outskirts of the popular seaside town of Sidmouth in Devon. Considered to be the gateway to the Jurassic Coast, a large part of the town is a designated conservation area.
- Sidmouth is an established retirement location and in 2014 was named by The Times as one of the 30 best places to live in the countryside because of its “Regency architecture and stunning Jurassic Coast views”.
- With a population of around 15,000, the town has an excellent range of amenities, while still retaining that relaxed, quiet atmosphere.
- This new development is close to Sidford High St and within a mile of the nearest Waitrose. The famous fish and chip shop, Bloaters is also only a short distance away, perfect for Fridays!
- With the beach in such close proximity, Sidford offers everything you’d need for a peaceful retirement that can be as active as you’d like.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Lockyer Lodge
- Doctors Surgery
- Post Office
- Tennis Club
- Garden Centre
- Donkey Sanctuary
- Connaught Gardens
- The Byes Riverside Park
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Move for Free* and be in for Summer! This exclusive offer means we'll cover your moving costs - there's never been a better time to move to a Churchill Apartment. *T&Cs apply
People at Churchill Retirement Living’s Lockyer Lodge development in Sidford came together last week to plant a tree in celebration of The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
91-year-old Barbara Baigent has been a huge fan of the Exeter Chiefs for over 20 years, but she rarely gets to see them play. Thanks to the team at Lockyer Lodge in Sidford, where Barbara now lives, she was able to visit the Sandy Park stadium for the first time recently, and she was delighted to see her beloved team triumph over the Saracens.