Retirement properties in Christchurch
We are delighted to announce that we have acquired this site for a proposed collection of one and two bedroom retirement apartments in the historic, harbourside town of Christchurch. Located on the site of the former gas holders on Bridge Street, the development is centrally located for the town’s High Street shops, charming cafes and regular markets.
Currently at the planning stage, it is anticipated that construction will start in late 2023 with the first apartments being available for occupation in mid-2025.
Be amongst the first to find out more and register your interest today!
- Show Complex
- Ready to
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 24 hour Careline support system
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Free parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped gardens
- Lodge Manager
- Low maintenance lifestyle
- Owners' Lounge with Coffee Bar and WIFI
- Secure camera entry system
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Christchurch is a charming historic town ideally located with the New Forest National Park on one side and the beautiful Hampshire coast on the other.
- Visit Riverside Park on the banks of the River Stour and enjoy walks to the spectacular natural harbour, Hengistbury Head and Stanpit Marsh Nature Reserve
- With its famous annual Food and Wine Festival, featuring celebrity chefs, Christchurch has gained a reputation as a ‘foodie town’ and with cafes, tearooms, pubs and restaurants there is something for everyone
- There are seven beaches within easy reach of Christchurch several of which have Blue Flag status and all which enjoy fantastic views across Christchurch Bay
- In the centre of town are the ruins of Christchurch Castle constructed in the late 11th Century and a short distance away is Highcliffe Castle, a Grade I listed mansion built in the 1830s where you can take in some amazing coastal views
- Christchurch Quay is a popular attraction and features a picturesque promenade running alongside the river from the Quay to Wicks Ferry, perfect for an evening stroll!
- Leisure Centre
- Christchurch Castle
- Post Office
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
More properties in Dorset and nearby
Only 2 Remaining!
Prices from £344,950
Now all reserved!
Seasonal Savings – don’t miss out!
Over 50% SOLD!