Retirement Apartments in Shaftesbury
Well located for the town centre shops and amenities, Hardy Lodge is a development of 42 apartments, ideally placed to enjoy the many attractions in this charming market town and the surrounding Dorset countryside.
ONLY TWO APARTMENTS REMAINING at this popular development, so call us to today to ensure you don’t miss out!
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. All of our Lodges benefit from a comprehensive 10-year Building Warranty Guarantee.
- 24 hour call centre support system
- Attractive development with great curb appeal
- Brand new apartments with high quality decor
- Cosy, comfortable and communal Owners’ Lounge
- Local amenities all a stone’s throw away
- Lodge Manager
- Quiet and residential area
- Secure camera entry system
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from a 3 bed house to a 2 bed apartment could save approximately £1,300* per year.
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Based on ‘Sizing up the Situation’ report (Housing LIN, 2014) and Millstream Service Charge data.
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Millstream Management Services
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Home of the famous Hovis Gold Hill
Steeped in history and tradition, Shaftesbury is one of the oldest and highest towns in England, home to pretty thatched cottages, quaint tea shops and a high street filled with independent shops offering everything you need.
- Hardy Lodge is well located for the town centre shops and amenities, and Shaftesbury also hosts a Charter Market, Farmers’ Markets, book fairs and flea markets.
- Shaftesbury is the home of Gold Hill, with its steeply inclined cottages and cobbled lane, made famous by the Hovis advert and has magnificent views over the Blackmore Vale. At the top is the Gold Hill Museum with its cottage garden. The modern museum tells the story of rural and town life.
- The award-winning Shaftesbury Abbey Museum and Gardens bring to life the story of Saxon England’s foremost Benedictine nunnery.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Hardy Lodge
- Post Office
- Doctor's surgery
- Swimming Pool
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Move for Free* and be in for Summer! This exclusive offer means we'll cover your moving costs - there's never been a better time to move to a Churchill Apartment. *T&Cs apply
With the London Marathon coming up this weekend, Hardy Lodge apartment Owner Geoff Wakeford gave a talk to other owners about his life as a Marathon Runner: 20 years of running with Geoff.
More properties in Dorset and nearby
ONLY 3 REMAINING!
Book a visit today!
Awaiting Planning Permission
Awaiting Planning Permission
1 & 2 bedroom apartments
Beautiful riverside location