Retirement properties in Eastbourne
OVER 75% SOLD, this gated retirement development of 58 apartments is located in the heart of Eastbourne, just a 20 minute walk away from the seafront. Offering everything from independent boutiques, to the best of the high street, the town offers a multitude of choice.
Allingham Lodge provides the perfect place to enjoy an independent, relaxed and fulfilled retirement. There is a huge range of restaurants, bistro’s and tea rooms all waiting to serve you in the UK’s sunniest place!
Call now to book your appointment to view and discover your brand new lifestyle with Churchill!
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 20 minute walk to seafront
- 24 hour Careline support system
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped garden
- Owners' Lounge with coffee bar
- Private gated parking
- Secure camera entry system
- Town centre location
- Walk out balconies on selected apartments
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Southeast coast resort town
Eastbourne is a popular seaside town offering a wide range of activities, sports and exciting events for you to enjoy in a fantastic setting. Everything is within easy reach, with the seafront promenade virtually leading straight onto the foot of the beautiful Eastbourne Downs and Beachy Head.
- Beachy Head is the UK’s highest chalk sea cliff, located at the western end of Eastbourne sea front in the new South Downs National Park and Seven Sisters Country Park. From here you can visit the Beachy Head Countryside Centre or take a boat trip to the iconic light house.
- Escape the hustle and bustle at Sovereign Harbour, Eastbourne’s best kept secret. Perfect for yachting and motor boat cruising alike, this award winning marina offers a charming choice of waterfront cafes, restaurants and shops.
- Eastbourne’s town centre offers everything from the best of the high street, to independent boutiques with a variety of restaurants and coffee shops when you want to take a well-earned break.
- The development is close to Eastbourne train station and a doctor’s surgery, while the main town centre is almost on the doorstep.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Allingham Lodge
- Doctors Surgery
- Post Office
- Train Station
- Eastbourne Grand Parade
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Celebrate the season with Churchill and enjoy Christmas drinks, refreshments and festive cheer. Bring along your friends and family and discover the Churchill lifestyle!
RSVP to book your place
Move for Free* or up to £16,000 Cashback* in conjunction with Home Exchange - The choice is yours
Many Owners have taken advantage of once of these fantastic offers which is why we are brining our 'Choices' promotion back! Pop in for a coffee and a chat and we can talk through your options and find out what's important to you!
Steph Williams (62) and her husband Dave Appleby (65) are among the youngest members of the new community at Churchill’s Allingham Lodge development in Eastbourne
More properties in East Sussex and nearby
Last One Remaining – With Sea Views!
Town Centre Location
Prices from £274,950
Boutique Style Development
OVER 75% SOLD
1 Bedroom Apartment from £324,950
2 Bedroom Apartment from £399,950
Prices from £350,000
Peace of Mind With Security Built In
Show Complex Now Open
Awaiting Planning Permission
Awaiting Planning Permission