Retirement Apartments in Old Harlow
We are delighted to announce that we have acquired this site for a proposed collection of one and two bedroom retirement apartments in the historic town of Old Harlow, Essex. Old Harlow district has a population of approx. 10,000 people. It has an active and historic town centre offering easy access to amenities including Co-op Food, pharmacy, opticians, coffee shops, and a selection of independent retail and restaurant outlets.
This is Churchill’s first development in Old Harlow. There has not been any purpose-built private retirement development in the town for over 30 years and we are proud to be promoting a development in such a desirable location.
We are proposing a development of 32 apartments over three floors, together with an Owner’s Lounge.
Be amongst the first to find out more and register your interest today!
- Show Complex
- Ready to
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 0.3 miles to local shops
- 24 hour call centre support system
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped garden
- Lift to all floors
- Lodge Manager
- Low maintenance lifestyle
- Secure camera entry system
- Walking distance to town centre
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
- Old Harlow district has a population of approx. 10,000 people. It has an active and historic town centre offering easy access to amenities including Co-op Food, pharmacy, opticians, coffee shops, and a selection of independent retail and restaurant outlets
- Harlow is served by two railway stations, Harlow Town railway station and Harlow Mill railway station, both of which have trains towards London Liverpool Street station and Cambridge station.
- There is also a bus service to Epping tube station on the London Underground Central Line. Most bus services operate to nearby Harlow, with some buses also linking to other major towns such as Bishop’s Stortford and Chelmsford.
- A major feature of Harlow New Town is its green spaces; over one third of the district is parkland or fields containing public footpaths. One of the original design features of Gibberd’s masterplan is the Green Wedges in the town, designed to provide open space for wildlife and recreation and to separate neighbourhoods.
- Old Harlow
- Cricket Club
- Train Station
- Post Office
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
More properties in Essex and nearby
1 Bedroom Apartment from £324,950
2 Bedroom Apartment from £399,950
OVER 75% SOLD
Experience Apartment – Try Before You Buy!
Peace of Mind With Security Built In
Show Complex Now Open
Last Chance to Buy – Final Two Remaining
Boutique Style Development
Last One Remaining!
Prices from £399,950
Show Complex Now Open
Last One Remaining!
Prices from £324,950
Prices from £350,000
Town Centre Location
Prices from £274,950
Prices from £249,950
Last Chance to Buy – Only 1 Apartments Available