Retirement Homes in Saffron Walden
We are delighted to announce that we have acquired a new site in the historic market town of Saffron Walden. Our proposed development of retirement apartments is currently awaiting planning permission. Register your details now to be amongst the first to receive updates!
All Churchill Retirement Living apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it.
There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
The apartments included tiled shower rooms as standard, while some of them have separate en-suites and cloakrooms – all designed for ease of use and with the needs of our customers in mind.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they are handed over to the standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. All of our Lodges benefit from a comprehensive 10-year Building Warranty Guarantee.
- Easy-turn lever taps
- Fitted and tiled shower room
- Fitted kitchen with built in appliances
- Fitted mirror wardrobe to main bedroom
- Heated towel rail in shower room
- Illuminated light switches
Carefully considered design
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
We use the very latest construction materials, fixtures and fittings, for maximum energy efficiency and low utility bills. A lift is provided to all floors, so using the stairs whilst carrying heavy shopping isn’t a chore.
A great deal of importance is placed on the communal areas, providing a welcome area for you, your family and friends. All of our developments also have the added benefit of a Guest Suite to accommodate visiting family and friends.
The development will have the following typical specification:
- 24 hour Careline support system
- Camera entry system
- Constructed to NHBC standards
- Double glazed windows
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Intruder alarm system
- Lift to all floors
- Lodge Manager
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Millstream Management Services
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
A delightful market town
Nestled in north-west Essex, Saffron Walden is a medieval town bursting with character. With a rich heritage of old historic buildings, there is plenty to see and explore in Saffron Walden. Sitting just 15 miles south of Cambridge, this is the ideal location for those looking for an active and independent lifestyle.
- Shopping in the town is fantastic with a wide variety of high street shops and independent retailers, as well as an array of cafes, restaurants and tea rooms. Perfect for a catch up with friends and family.
- Visit the stunning Audley End House and Gardens where you can explore the estate of Audley End, and take in the fresh air as you stroll around the colourful gardens. Discover and admire what was once one of the largest and most luxurious houses in Jacobean England.
- Discover the turf maze (Labyrinth) on the Common, which is the largest example of its type in the world and is one of the surviving turf mazes in England.
- Saffron Hall is a stunning performance space in Saffron Walden where outstanding events take place with world-class artists, perfect for those who love visiting the theatre.
- With excellent transport links, you can reach the city of London within 1 hour or take a day trip to Cambridge which sits just 15 miles south of this pretty market town.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Saffron Walden
- Tennis Club
- Doctors Surgery
- Post Office
- Garden Centre
- Saffron Walden Common
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions