Retirement properties in Saffron Walden
We are delighted to announce that we have been granted planning permission for a brand new site in the historic market town of Saffron Walden.
Register your details now to be amongst the first to receive updates!
- Show Complex
- Ready to
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 24 hour call centre support system
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Fitted kitchen with built in appliances
- Free parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped garden
- Lodge Manager
- Owners' Lounge with coffee bar
- Secure camera entry system
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
A delightful market town
Nestled in north-west Essex, Saffron Walden is a medieval town bursting with character. With a rich heritage of old historic buildings, there is plenty to see and explore in Saffron Walden. Sitting just 15 miles south of Cambridge, this is the ideal location for those looking for an active and independent lifestyle.
- Shopping in the town is fantastic with a wide variety of high street shops and independent retailers, as well as an array of cafes, restaurants and tea rooms. Perfect for a catch up with friends and family.
- Visit the stunning Audley End House and Gardens where you can explore the estate of Audley End, and take in the fresh air as you stroll around the colourful gardens. Discover and admire what was once one of the largest and most luxurious houses in Jacobean England.
- Discover the turf maze (Labyrinth) on the Common, which is the largest example of its type in the world and is one of the surviving turf mazes in England.
- Saffron Hall is a stunning performance space in Saffron Walden where outstanding events take place with world-class artists, perfect for those who love visiting the theatre.
- With excellent transport links, you can reach the city of London within 1 hour or take a day trip to Cambridge which sits just 15 miles south of this pretty market town.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Saffron Walden
- Tennis Club
- Doctors Surgery
- Post Office
- Garden Centre
- Saffron Walden Common
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
More properties in Essex and nearby
Show Complex Now Open
Over 50% reserved!
ALL RESERVED !!
Experience Apartment – Try Before You Buy!
1 Bedroom Apartment from £324,950
2 Bedroom Apartment from £399,950
OVER 75% SOLD