Retirement properties in Basingstoke
Austen Lodge is selling fast, so pop in today or book an appointment to view the beautiful Show Apartments!
With a rich heritage dating back to Roman times, a modern town centre and surrounded by beautiful countryside, Basingstoke is one of the best locations to spend your retirement.
Austen Lodge is the most recent development in the Hampshire region and is located on London Road within close proximity to shops and amenities including Festival Place shopping centre.
These brand new homes in Basingstoke will include 56 one and two-bedroom apartments, some of which feature large terraces or patio areas providing the perfect outside living space. Inside, you’ll discover a beautiful Owners’ Lounge with coffee bar and the heart of a thriving retirement community.
- Show Complex
- Ready to
All our retirement apartments at Churchill Retirement Living are completely self-contained with their own front door providing privacy and peace in your property.
There is a choice of one- and two-bedroom apartments, and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and positions of rooms within the property.
At Churchill Retirement Living we strive to make all our retirement homes a relaxing and vibrant environment. That’s why kitchens are tilled with colour-coordinated worktops and come fully fitted with a waist-height oven, hob, hood and fridge/freezer.
The retirement apartments include master bedrooms which have fitted walk-in wardrobes, as well as TV and telephone points with even the smallest details considered.
These Basingstoke homes come with tiled shower rooms as standard while some of them have separate en-suites and cloakrooms which all been designed for ease of use with the requirements of our customers in mind.
All our properties in Basingstoke are stringently inspected by our Customer Services departments to ensure they are handed over to the standard of the finish and high quality expected by our customers.
- 24 hour call centre support system
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Fitted kitchen with built in appliances
- Free parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped garden
- Lodge Manager
- Owners' Lounge with coffee bar
- Secure camera entry system
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Fantastic central location in the heart of Hampshire
Basingstoke is situated on the M3 motorway just 48 miles south west of London. Good transport links make this a popular location for commuters as well as families.
- Basingstoke is a vibrant place to live and offers modern facilities as well as superb leisure and countryside activities, such as Black Dam Ponds close to the town centre, a haven for wildlife; and the Crabtree Plantation.
- Shopping facilities are extensive with The Malls and the award winning Festival Place offering a wide variety of high street shops, places to eat and drink and a 10 screen cinema complex.
- For those looking for entertainment, The Anvil, one of Hampshire’s largest entertainment venues, offers a wide variety of shows including comedy, theatre, ballet, opera and pantomime.
- The proposed development is situated in London Street a short distance from the shops and services that can be found in London Road including a Post Office, banks and a convenience store.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Austen Lodge
- The Mall
- Train Station
- The Milestones Museum
- Eastrop Park
- Black Dam Ponds
- Post Office
- Festival Square
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Celebrate the season with Churchill and enjoy Christmas drinks, refreshments and festive cheer. Bring along your friends and family and discover the Churchill lifestyle!
RSVP to book your place
Move for Free* or up to £17,000 Cashback* in conjunction with Home Exchange - The choice is yours
Many Owners have taken advantage of once of these fantastic offers which is why we are brining our 'Choices' promotion back! Pop in for a coffee and a chat and we can talk through your options and find out what's important to you!
When 70-year-old Malcolm Burch moved to a new apartment at Churchill’s Austen Lodge in Basingstoke, he was grateful for the pet-friendly policy which meant Darcy his 7-year-old dachshund could come too. After all, what better home is there for a dog named after Mr Darcy than a development named after Jane Austen!
More properties in Hampshire and nearby
Seasonal Savings – don’t miss out!
Over 50% SOLD!
Final Apartment Available – Don’t Miss Out
Prices from £299,950
Over 50% SOLD!
Seasonal Savings – don’t miss out!
Excellent town centre location!
Now all reserved!
Excellent Town Centre Location!
Prices from £350,000
Low Maintenance Lifestyle
Stunning rooftop terrace and wellbeing suite!
Last Chance to Buy – Only 1 Apartments Available
Prices from £249,950
Prices from £344,950