Retirement properties in Hythe
Nestled between the New Forest and Southampton Water, the pretty village of Hythe is home to Hubert Lodge, a brand new development of 43 one and two bedroom retirement apartments which is well-located for the village’s Georgian high street, historic pier and waterfront.
Due to extremely high demand, we have now reserved the last apartments at Hubert Lodge. Our closest development is Spitfire Lodge in Portswood where a selection of one and two bedroom apartments are still available.
All apartments at Churchill Retirement Living are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it.
There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come fully fitted with a waist-height oven, hob, hood and fridge/freezer. Most of our developments also have integral washer/dryers fitted in all apartments as standard.
The master bedrooms have walk-in wardrobes as well as TV and telephone points, with even the smallest details considered.
The apartments come with tiled shower rooms as standard, while some of them have separate en-suites and cloakrooms as well – all designed for ease of use and with the needs of our customers in mind.
All apartments are stringently inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they are handed over to the standard of finish and quality expected by our customers.
- 24 hour call centre support system
- Beautiful and well maintained landscaped garden
- Brand new apartments with high quality decor
- Close proximity to the New Forest and village centre
- Lodge Manager
- Secure camera entry system
- Short walk to the neighbouring supermarket
- Very spacious and comfortable Owners’ Lounge
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Waterfront living on the edge of the New Forest
Hythe was once a little fishing village in the New Forest and it has expanded into a town located close to Southampton Water. The spectacular views across the water make Hythe a hugely popular place to live – and with good reason.
- The town has all the usual amenities including supermarkets, a library, post office and several cafes and eateries.
- The historic Hythe Pier is home to the oldest running pier train in the world! At the end of the pier, the electric Hythe Pier Train connects with the Hythe Ferry, offering transportation to the city of Southampton. This efficient, albeit unusual transport method means access to the city is easy.
- Every Tuesday, Hythe Market is held in St Johns Street car park, selling things like vegetables, meat, cheese, clothing and pet products.
- For the more active retiree, Dibden Golf Course is located just a couple of miles away, while Applemore Health and Leisure Centre offers swimming pools, badminton courts and a gym.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Hubert Lodge
- Post Office
- Doctor's Surgery
- Hythe marina village
- Dibden golf centre
- New Forest Wildlife Park
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Move for Free* or up to £15,000 Cashback* in conjunction with Home Exchange - The choice is yours
Many Owners have taken advantage of once of these fantastic offers which is why we are brining our 'Choices' promotion back! Pop in for a coffee and a chat and we can talk through your options and find out what's important to you! *T&C's apply
Keen golfer Pearl Hansford is showing no signs of hanging up her clubs, and her move to her new apartment at Churchill's Hubert Lodge means she has plenty of time to enjoy her favourite hobby.
More properties in Hampshire and nearby
Seasonal Savings – don’t miss out!
Over 50% SOLD!
Prices from £344,950
Only 2 Remaining!
Awaiting Planning Permission
Excellent Town Centre Location!
Seasonal Savings – don’t miss out!