Retirement properties in Portswood
Located on Belmont Road in the heart of the community of Portswood, Spitfire Lodge is a stylish collection of 73 one and two bedroom retirement apartments set in beautiful landscaped gardens. This development is ideally located in the vibrant suburb of Southampton. The High Street caters for your everyday needs whilst nearby Southampton city combines a modern shopping centre and waterfront with theatres, museums and the rich heritage of the Old Town.
Spitfire Lodge is ideally located for you to get away more often and holiday with the peace of mind that your home is safe and secure with our ‘lock up and leave’ facility. The world is your oyster! Explore many exotic destinations departing from both the neighbouring cruise terminals and Southampton Airport.
Hurry, we are now over 50% sold! Pop in today to discover your new low maintenance and worry-free lifestyle at Spitfire Lodge, any time Tuesday to Saturday, 10am to 5pm – no appointment needed!!
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 24 hour call centre support system
- Lively events calendar on offer
- Local amenities all a stone’s throw away
- Lodge Manager
- Secure camera entry system
- Very spacious and comfortable Owners’ Lounge
- Views of rural countryside from upper floor apartments
- Wellbeing Suite for hair and beauty treatments
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
A vibrant city suburb
Portswood is a vibrant suburb of Southampton with plenty of shops and services located on the high street including many familiar high street names, as well as independent traders. A library and a post office can also be found in the high street along with regular bus services should you wish to travel further afield. There are plenty of places to eat and drink including cafes, restaurants and ice cream parlours.
- Located just one and a half miles from Spitfire Lodge you will find Southampton Common, the largest of Southampton’s open spaces and a ‘Site of Special Scientific Interest,’ with its woodlands, ponds, wetlands and lakes covering 365 acres.
- Southampton city centre is located approximately two miles from Portswood where you will find plenty of shops in the traditional high street and at the shopping centres of West Quay and Marlands.
- Southampton is UK’s number one cruise port with a range of cruise operators offering a variety of destinations from four terminals. The city also has a rich maritime history and you can learn all about the story of the Titanic at SeaCity Museum.
- The Mayflower Theatre draws many visitors and has a varied schedule of events throughout the year including musicals and plays.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Spitfire Lodge
- West Quay Shopping Centre
- Post Office
- Doctor's Surgery
- Southampton City Art Gallery
- Seacity Museum
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Celebrate the season with Churchill and enjoy Christmas drinks, refreshments and festive cheer. Bring along your friends and family and discover the Churchill lifestyle!
RSVP to book your place
Move for Free* or up to £15,000 Cashback* in conjunction with Home Exchange - The choice is yours
Many Owners have taken advantage of once of these fantastic offers which is why we are brining our 'Choices' promotion back! Pop in for a coffee and a chat and we can talk through your options and find out what's important to you! *T&C's apply
As well as a sociable, independent lifestyle and no more worries about maintenance, one of the key benefits for apartment Owners at Churchill’s new Spitfire Lodge development in Portswood is the development’s special Wellbeing Suite. This well-equipped and totally free facility means they can enjoy health and beauty treatments at any time without even having to step outdoors, which is particularly welcome at this time of year as the weather turns colder.
More properties in Hampshire and nearby
Now all reserved!
Over 50% SOLD!
Prices from £344,950
Only 2 Remaining!
Awaiting Planning Permission
Excellent Town Centre Location!
Seasonal Savings – don’t miss out!