Retirement properties in Bridgnorth
Churchill Retirement is excited that Mortimer Lodge is a collection of 50 one and two bedroom apartments in the heart of the Bridgnorth community. With everything on the doorstep, owners can look forward to curling up with a good book in the Owners lounge or joining one of the many events that will be in the calendar where old and new friends can really enjoy that sense of community that Churchill Retirement Living offers.
Not only that but the Lodge Manager is on hand Monday to Friday whether its answering day-to-day queries to keeping an eye on your apartment if you go away they will provide you with peace of mind for safe and secure retirement living.
Why not join us at our weekly coffee morning? Every Thursday at 11am!
Call us on 01746 866720 to find out more.
- Show Complex
- Ready to
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- Fitted kitchen with built in appliances
- Fitted mirror wardrobe to main bedroom
- French balconies on selected apartments
- Illuminated light switches
- Landscaped garden
- Walk-in wardrobes on selected apartments
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Everything you need in Bridgnorth
This development of retirement homes in Bridgnorth is located on Innage Lane, a 200 metre walk to the beginning of the High Street in High Town. It’s a town divided in two – a high town and a low town and was once the busiest river ports in Europe.
- A thriving market town boasting an eclectic mix of high street retailers and boutique stores, banks, post office, cafes and restaurants.
- The Severn, clear and unpolluted, is a quiet haven for anglers, walkers and wildlife. 18th century writers compared Bridgnorth’s spectacular setting to old Jerusalem, or even Gibraltar.
- Bridgnorth offers beautiful places of nature and scenic walking through Ropewalk Dingle Countryside Site along with golfers being treated to Bridgnorth Golf Course just over one mile from our development.
- Popular attractions include The Severn Valley Railway (Britain’s premier steam railway), 16 miles of glorious countryside and restored stations and the Ironbridge Gorge Museums.
- Each Saturday the high street and Meredith’s Yard are filled with traders selling everything from fresh fish and fair-trade produce, to lawnmowers! Beneath the arches of the town hall, local people set out their stalls each Friday, Saturday and Sunday, offering plants, preserves and produce, cakes, flowers and crafts.
- The town has won five consecutive gold medals in the Britain in Bloom competition and a silver award in the European floral competition. Dozens of professional painters, potters, sculptors, and carvers draw their inspiration from the stunning beauty of this part of Shropshire and their work can be seen in many of the local galleries.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Mortimer Lodge
- Doctors Surgery
- Leisure Centre
- Tea Rooms
- Post Office
- Convenience Store
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Apartment 46 – £229,950
A stunning one bedroom apartment facing southeast on the second floor and featuring a large lounge to relax in, that could be yours sooner than you think!
We can help you Move for Free or why not ask about our Home Exchange package?
– Contact us for more information.
Move for Free* or up to £10,000 Cashback* in conjunction with Home Exchange - The choice is yours
Many Owners have taken advantage of once of these fantastic offers which is why we are brining our 'Choices' promotion back! Pop in for a coffee and a chat and we can talk through your options and find out what's important to you!
Pupils at St John's Catholic Primary School in Bridgnorth are being given the chance to connect with the great outdoors, following a generous donation towards new playground furniture from Churchill’s Mortimer Lodge. The team at Churchill were thrilled to step in and support the schools upgrade initiative, especially being located so close and having strong connections to the Lodge.
More properties in Shropshire and nearby
Last One Remaining
Show Complex now open
Low Maintenance Lifestyle
LAST ONE REMAINING!