Retirement Apartments in Taunton
Churchill is excited to announce the launch of this brand new collection of one and two bedroom retirement apartments on Thursday 20th January 2022 at The Castle Hotel in Taunton. Join us to view plans of the new development and be one of the first to reserve. Call us today on 0800 458 1856 for more information.
Conveniently located on Tangier Way with a beautiful riverside setting, this development is within walking distance of the town centre shops and amenities, Riverain Lodge is the ideal location to enjoy an independent and active retirement in this popular Somerset town. Our Show Complex will be available to view from January 2022 with first occupations anticipated in March 2022.
All Churchill Retirement Living apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it.
There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
The apartments included tiled shower rooms as standard, while some of them have separate en-suites and cloakrooms – all designed for ease of use and with the needs of our customers in mind.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they are handed over to the standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. All of our Lodges benefit from a comprehensive 10-year Building Warranty Guarantee.
- Balconies on selected apartments
- Camera entry system
- Free Parking with some EV charging points
- Guest suite for friends and family
- Landscaped garden
- Walk-in wardrobes to most apartments
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment. That’s why a full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development. Owners are consulted on this annually, and we always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
With energy costs on the increase, it is worth highlighting that we incorporate renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills. We also insulate our developments to a very high standard. This means that the need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving.
*Based on ‘Sizing up the Situation’ report (Housing LIN, 2014) and Millstream Service Charge data.
Carefully considered design
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
We use the very latest construction materials, fixtures and fittings, for maximum energy efficiency and low utility bills. A lift is provided to all floors, so using the stairs whilst carrying heavy shopping isn’t a chore.
A great deal of importance is placed on the communal areas, providing a welcome area for you, your family and friends. All of our developments also have the added benefit of a Guest Suite to accommodate visiting family and friends.
The development will have the following typical specification:
- 24 hour careline
- Constructed to NHBC standards
- Double glazed windows
- Easy-turn lever taps
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Fitted and tiled shower room
- Fitted kitchen with built in appliances
- Heated towel rail in shower room
- Illuminated light switches
- Lift to all floors
- Lodge Manager
- Owners' Lounge with Coffee Bar on ground floor
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Millstream Management Services
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Close to an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
Taunton is the county town of Somerset and has a rich and interesting history, famous for both its castle and cricket ground. It has recently been awarded Garden Town status and there are exciting plans to create more green spaces as well as enhance and make the most of the beautiful riverside environment.
- The town is sheltered by the Blackdown and Quantock Hills, both AONB’s (Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty) and with the river and canal running through the centre, there’s the offer of plenty of walks locally.
- The development is located in the heart of town and so is ideally placed for shops, amenities and eating out, as well as enjoying panoramic views of the River Tone.
- The town centre has a good selection of well known high street brands including Marks & Spencer and Waterstones, and a selection of independent stores and cafes offering everything you need.
- In addition, the town hosts a twice-weekly market in the high street and a weekly Farmers’ Market which all add to the town’s bustling atmosphere.
- The Brewhouse Theatre and Arts Centre offers a wide choice of musical and theatre productions as well as art exhibitions and is an ideal choice for those looking for a bit of culture. The town itself hosts a range of events including the Rural Living Show and the annual Taunton Flower Show in Vivary Park.
- Locally there are a number of beautiful villages and seaside resorts to explore including Dulverton, Wiveliscombe & Minehead. In addition, the great houses of Hestercombe House and Gardens, Poundisford Park and Knightshayes Court are all within easy reach.
- Transport links are strong with a regular bus service connecting residents to towns including Glastonbury, Minehead, Wellingon and Exeter, as well as the beautiful Exmoor villages.
- Just a short drive away is Taunton Railway Station and Junction 25 of the M5, both of which connect you to major towns and cities.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Riverain Lodge
- Castle Hotel & Restaurant
- Boots Pharmacy
- The Brewhouse Theatre
- Pizza Express
- Doctor's Surgery
- Deli & Coffee Shop
- Bus Station
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions