Retirement properties in Taunton
Riverain Lodge – winner of Bronze WhatHouse? Award for Best Retirement Development 2022
Riverain Lodge is the ideal location to enjoy an independent and active retirement in this popular Somerset town. The development is located on Tangier Way with a beautiful riverside setting and is within easy walking distance of the town centre shops and amenities.
The development is close to green spaces, riverside walks and enjoys views across the river to Goodland Gardens as well as views towards the Quantocks from the front of the development. Take a look for yourself by viewing the aerial photography HERE.
Demand for Riverain Lodge is extremely high with 60% already sold so call us today or pop in anytime – no appointment needed!
- Show Complex
- Ready to
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 24 hour call centre support system
- Balconies on selected apartments
- Free Parking with some EV charging points
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Lodge Manager
- Owners' Lounge with terrace and riverside views
- Riverside location
- Secure camera entry system
- Walk-in wardrobes to both bedrooms
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Close to an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
Taunton is the county town of Somerset and has a rich and interesting history, famous for both its castle and cricket ground. It has recently been awarded Garden Town status and there are exciting plans to create more green spaces as well as enhance and make the most of the beautiful riverside environment.
- The town is sheltered by the Blackdown and Quantock Hills, both AONB’s (Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty) and with the river and canal running through the centre, there’s the offer of plenty of walks locally.
- The development is located in the heart of town and so is ideally placed for shops, amenities and eating out, as well as enjoying panoramic views of the River Tone.
- The town centre has a good selection of well known high street brands including Marks & Spencer and Waterstones, and a selection of independent stores and cafes offering everything you need.
- In addition, the town hosts a twice-weekly market in the high street and a weekly Farmers’ Market which all add to the town’s bustling atmosphere.
- The Brewhouse Theatre and Arts Centre offers a wide choice of musical and theatre productions as well as art exhibitions and is an ideal choice for those looking for a bit of culture. The town itself hosts a range of events including the Rural Living Show and the annual Taunton Flower Show in Vivary Park.
- Locally there are a number of beautiful villages and seaside resorts to explore including Dulverton, Wiveliscombe & Minehead. In addition, the great houses of Hestercombe House and Gardens, Poundisford Park and Knightshayes Court are all within easy reach.
- Transport links are strong with a regular bus service connecting residents to towns including Glastonbury, Minehead, Wellingon and Exeter, as well as the beautiful Exmoor villages.
- Just a short drive away is Taunton Railway Station and Junction 25 of the M5, both of which connect you to major towns and cities.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Riverain Lodge
- Castle Hotel & Restaurant
- Boots Pharmacy
- The Brewhouse Theatre
- Pizza Express
- Doctor's Surgery
- Deli & Coffee Shop
- Bus Station
- Vivary Park
- Somerset County Cricket Ground
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Celebrate the season with Churchill and enjoy Christmas drinks, refreshments and festive cheer. Bring along your friends and family and discover the Churchill lifestyle!
RSVP to book your place
Move for Free* or up to £13,000 Cashback* in conjunction with Home Exchange - The choice is yours
Many Owners have taken advantage of once of these fantastic offers which is why we are brining our 'Choices' promotion back! Pop in for a coffee and a chat and we can talk through your options and find out what's important to you!
Apartment Owners at Churchill Retirement Living’s Riverain Lodge in Taunton held a special event on Friday 11th August to welcome new members of the community and try their hand at an unusual throwing game called “Kubb” on the communal lawn.