Retirement Apartments in Wells
This development of 47 one and two bedroom retirement apartments is centrally located in this historic city, and with so much nearby, they won’t be around for long! A short distance away are cosmopolitan pavement cafes, specialist independent retailers and high street names along with the twice-weekly outdoor market.
Be amongst the first to find out more and register your interest today!
All Churchill Retirement Living apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it.
There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
The apartments included tiled shower rooms as standard, while some of them have separate en-suites and cloakrooms – all designed for ease of use and with the needs of our customers in mind.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they are handed over to the standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. All of our Lodges benefit from a comprehensive 10-year Building Warranty Guarantee.
- Owners' Lounge with coffee bar
- Lodge Manager
- Landscaped gardens
- Free parking
- 24 hour Careline support system
- Camera entry system
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment. That’s why a full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development. Owners are consulted on this annually, and we always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
In fact many Owners are pleasantly surprised that the service charges for their apartment frequently work out less than what they were paying, in comparable costs, on their previous property. This is backed up by research from the Housing LIN, who found that downsizing from a 3 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom retirement apartment could save an Owner approximately £1,300* per year. This is a potential saving of around 15% on bills.With energy costs on the increase, it is worth highlighting that we incorporate renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills. We also insulate our developments to a very high standard. This means that the need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving.
*Based on ‘Sizing up the Situation’ report (Housing LIN, 2014) and Millstream Service Charge data.
Carefully considered design
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
We use the very latest construction materials, fixtures and fittings, for maximum energy efficiency and low utility bills. A lift is provided to all floors, so using the stairs whilst carrying heavy shopping isn’t a chore.
A great deal of importance is placed on the communal areas, providing a welcome area for you, your family and friends. All of our developments also have the added benefit of a Guest Suite to accommodate visiting family and friends.
The development will have the following typical specification:
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Fitted and tiled shower room
- Fitted kitchen with built in oven, hob and fridge/freezer
- Heated towel rail in shower room
- Illuminated light switches
- Constructed to NHBC standards
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Millstream Management Services
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Wells lies sheltered beneath the southern slopes of the Mendip Hills, and combines a wealth of historic interest and beautiful architecture. Wells qualifies as England’s smallest, and Somerset’s only, city.
- The beautiful city of Wells is named after the springs (or wells) which rise within the grounds of the Bishops Palace. The medieval lanes within the city contain original unspoilt buildings, while the water supply, granted by Bishop Bekynton to the town in 1451, still gurgles down the sides of the High Street.
- Wells City Council is housed in the lovely Grade II listed Town Hall, (a popular venue for weddings and events) close to the stunning moated Bishop’s Palace and iconic Wells Cathedral.
- Bustling markets are held twice weekly in the historic Market Place, continuing a tradition dating back nearly 900 years, to when Wells was granted weekly markets in the city’s first charter.
- Within 25 miles you can visit many attractions which include the famous caves at Wookey Hole, Cheddar Gorge & Caves, Glastonbury Abbey and Glastonbury Tor, Stourhead, Muchelney Abbey and the Fleet Air Arm Museum.
- The beautiful variety of landscapes ranging from coastal scenery, the Mendip Hills and Somerset Levels provide a wonderful playground for all sorts of activities including walking, cycling, horse riding and nature watching.
- Wells is connected by local buses which regularly run between Wells and the towns of Bristol, Bath, Weston-Super-Mare, Shepton Mallet and Glastonbury.
- Tennis Club
- Health Centre
- Post Office
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions