Retirement properties in Wells
We now have planning permission for this development of 47 one and two bedroom retirement apartments, centrally located in the historic city of Wells, and with so much nearby, they won’t be around for long! A short distance away are cosmopolitan pavement cafes, specialist independent retailers and high street names along with the twice-weekly outdoor market.
Be amongst the first to find out more and register your interest today!
Need to move sooner? Our nearest selling development is at Riverain Lodge in Taunton where you can enjoy an independent, low maintenance lifestyle. Call our sales team to find out more.
- Show Complex
- Ready to
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 24 hour Careline support system
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Free parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped gardens
- Lodge Manager
- Low maintenance lifestyle
- Owners' Lounge with coffee bar
- Secure camera entry system
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Wells lies sheltered beneath the southern slopes of the Mendip Hills, and combines a wealth of historic interest and beautiful architecture. Wells qualifies as England’s smallest, and Somerset’s only, city.
- The beautiful city of Wells is named after the springs (or wells) which rise within the grounds of the Bishops Palace. The medieval lanes within the city contain original unspoilt buildings, while the water supply, granted by Bishop Bekynton to the town in 1451, still gurgles down the sides of the High Street.
- Wells City Council is housed in the lovely Grade II listed Town Hall, (a popular venue for weddings and events) close to the stunning moated Bishop’s Palace and iconic Wells Cathedral.
- Bustling markets are held twice weekly in the historic Market Place, continuing a tradition dating back nearly 900 years, to when Wells was granted weekly markets in the city’s first charter.
- Within 25 miles you can visit many attractions which include the famous caves at Wookey Hole, Cheddar Gorge & Caves, Glastonbury Abbey and Glastonbury Tor, Stourhead, Muchelney Abbey and the Fleet Air Arm Museum.
- The beautiful variety of landscapes ranging from coastal scenery, the Mendip Hills and Somerset Levels provide a wonderful playground for all sorts of activities including walking, cycling, horse riding and nature watching.
- Wells is connected by local buses which regularly run between Wells and the towns of Bristol, Bath, Weston-Super-Mare, Shepton Mallet and Glastonbury.
- Tennis Club
- Health Centre
- Post Office
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
More properties in Somerset and nearby
Prices from £249,950
Book a visit today!
Welcome Centre Now Open!
Excellent town centre location