Retirement apartments in Bury St Edmunds
This retirement development of 49 one and two bedroom apartments is located in the historic market town of Bury St Edmunds. The site is located within the heart of the town, surrounded by award winning restaurants, fantastic shopping, annual festivals and stunning parks. Construction has now commenced, register your interest now for updates.
Bury St Edmunds has been voted as a Sunday Times Best place to live 2019.
All apartments at Churchill Retirement Living are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it.
There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come fully fitted with a waist-height oven, hob, hood, fridge/freezer and dishwasher space. Most of our developments also have integral washer/dryers fitted in all apartments as standard.
The master bedrooms have walk-in wardrobes as well as TV and telephone points, with even the smallest details considered.
The apartments come with tiled shower rooms as standard, while some of them have separate en-suites and cloakrooms as well – all designed for ease of use and with the needs of our customers in mind.
All apartments are stringently inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they are handed over to the standard of finish and quality expected by our customers.
- Easy-turn lever taps
- Fitted and tiled shower room
- Fitted kitchen with built in oven, hob, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer and dishwasher space
- Heated towel rail in shower room
- Illuminated light switches
- Walk-in wardrobe to main bedroom
Carefully considered design
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
We use the very latest construction materials, fixtures and fittings, for maximum energy efficiency and low utility bills. A lift is provided to all floors, so using the stairs whilst carrying heavy shopping isn’t a chore.
A great deal of importance is placed on the communal areas, providing a welcome area for you, your family and friends. All of our developments also have the added benefit of a Guest Suite to accommodate visiting family and friends.
The development will have the following typical specification:
- 24 hour Careline support system
- Camera entry system
- Constructed to NHBC standards
- Double glazed windows
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Intruder alarm system
- Lift to all floors
- Lodge Manager
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Millstream Management Services
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Market town of Bury St Edmunds
Rich in history, visitors have lots to discover in Bury St Edmunds.
- Find out about Bury St Edmunds’ role in the Magna Carta, the story of Saint Edmund, and where a French Tudor Queen rests.
- Visit the Abbey ruins, the site of one of the most important medieval monasteries in Europe, and wonder at Suffolk’s only cathedral.
- Explore medieval streets and architecture, Georgian squares, Britain’s last remaining regency theatre, and the town’s literary links to Shakespeare, Charles Dickens and Norah Lofts.
- Eat and drink at award-winning restaurants, gastropubs and cafés.
- Shop ’til you drop at independent boutiques and leading high street stores.
- Enjoy a wealth of leisure activities, including spas, swimming, golf and tennis.
- Walk or cycle through picturesque parks, woodland and meadows. Enjoy the tranquility and beauty of the open spaces of the Abbey Gardens, Nowton Park, West Stow Country Park and Ickworth Park and Gardens
- Bury St Edmunds is an ideal base for exploring the rest of the East of England too. Newmarket is just 20 minutes away, Cambridge 35 minutes, Ipswich 35 minutes.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Bury St Edmunds
- Moyse's Hall Musuem
- Arc Shopping Centre
- Leisure Centre
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions