Retirement Apartments in Stowmarket
We are delighted to announce that we have acquired this new site in the thriving market town of Stowmarket in Suffolk. The site overlooks the River Gipping and is located within 0.3 miles from the High Street where you’ll find a range of amenities and is a short walk to the main train station.
Stowmarket has an active and historic town centre offering easy access to a variety of shops including Asda and Aldi supermarkets, a pharmacy, opticians, coffee shops, and a wide selection of retail and restaurant outlets.
For those wanting to travel further afield there are excellent trail links to London Liverpool Street, Cambridge, and Norwich.
This site is currently awaiting planning permission.
Register your details with us today and receive updates for this retirement development, coming soon!
- Show Complex
- Ready to
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. All of our Lodges benefit from a comprehensive 10-year Building Warranty Guarantee.
- 24 hour Careline support system
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Landscaped gardens
- Lift to all floors
- Lodge Manager
- Low maintenance lifestyle
- Owners' Lounge with coffee bar
- Roof terrace
- Secure camera entry system
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from a 3 bed house to a 2 bed apartment could save approximately £1,300* per year.
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Based on ‘Sizing up the Situation’ report (Housing LIN, 2014) and Millstream Service Charge data.
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Millstream Management Services
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Riverside location in the market town of Suffolk
- Stowmarket is a popular market town in Suffolk, by the A14 trunk road between Bury St Edmunds to the west and Ipswich to the southeast.
- The town lies on the River Gipping, which is joined by its tributary, the River Rat, to the south of the town.
- Excellent rail links to London Liverpool Street (1h 25mins), Cambridge (1h 10mins) and Norwich (35mins).
- The medieval heart of Stowmarket lies around the parish church of St. Peter and St. Mary and in the area leading down to the riverbank.
- The town has over 130 buildings listed by the Department of National Heritage as buildings of special architectural or historic interest
- Train Station
- Post Office
- Fitness Centre
- Cinema and Theatre
- Bowls Club
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions