Retirement Apartments in Shirley
Woolmans Lodge is tucked away in the heart of Shirley in Solihull. With only one apartments remaining it’s not too late to move in time for Spring! Find out about our home exchange and other moving packages – not only could you be enjoying one of our lodge events in the Owners’ Lounge but with a bus stop outside the local area is yours to explore…
Call us today to book your viewing!
All apartments at Churchill Retirement Living are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it.
There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms. This development also has ten retirement bungalows.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come fully fitted with a waist-height oven, hob, hood and fridge/freezer. Most of our developments also have integral washer/dryers fitted in all apartments as standard.
The master bedrooms have fitted mirror-front wardrobes as well as TV and telephone points, with even the smallest details considered.
The apartments come with tiled shower rooms as standard, while some of them have separate en-suites and cloakrooms as well – all designed for ease of use and with the needs of our customers in mind.
Bungalows feature a separate bathroom as well as an en suite to the master bedroom. The kitchen/dining room opens out into a spacious living room.
All apartments are stringently inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they are handed over to the standard of finish and quality expected by our customers.
- 24 hour Careline support system
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Fitted kitchen with built in appliances
- Free parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped gardens with patio and seating areas
- Lodge Manager
- Low maintenance lifestyle
- Owners' Lounge with Coffee Bar and WIFI
- Secure camera entry system
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from a 3 bed house to a 2 bed apartment could save approximately £1,300* per year.
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Based on ‘Sizing up the Situation’ report (Housing LIN, 2014) and Millstream Service Charge data.
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Millstream Management Services
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Retire in Shirley, Birmingham
These new retirement properties are located in Shirley, a residential neighbourhood in the suburb of Solihull in the West Midlands, just a few miles away from Birmingham city centre.
- These new homes are within easy reach of a Sainsbury’s, Asda and Aldi.
- Shirley boasts plenty of green, open space with a well-kept public park as well as Bill Wood and Palmers Rough woodlands, which are popular with walkers and wildlife enthusiasts.
- Solihull Retail Park also offers a range of big name shops, so everything is within easy reach of this thriving suburb.
- The area dates back to the first century and the earth works from an Iron Age Hill Fort can still be seen today. Shirley has come a long way since then and now has a wide range of independent retailers, charity shops and leading high street brands in the area.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Woolmans Lodge
- Shopping Centre
- Post Office
- Leisure Centre
- Train Station
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
People at Churchill Retirement Living’s Woolmans Lodge development in Shirley came together last week to plant a tree in celebration of The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
More properties in West Midlands and nearby
Last one remaining!
1 & 2 bedroom apartments
LAST ONE REMAINING!
Show Complex Open!