Retirement properties in East Grinstead
Want to enjoy less maintenance, reduce your household bills, or feel safe and secure then look no further. Churchill retirement could give you the lifestyle you deserve.
McIndoe Lodge is a retirement development of 49 one and two bedroom apartments. This private gated development is ideally situated close to local independent shops, many of which are diverse and privately owned with great local eateries and transport links, with the station very close by.
We have recently introduced our Experience Apartment, allowing you to trial the Churchill Retirement lifestyle in one of our beautiful apartments before you buy. Your stay will also allow you to meet the Lodge Manager and other Owners in our Coffee Bar and Owners Lounge and enjoy the landscaped gardens, why not try it for yourself and discover how comfortable and relaxing your new apartment can be.
Call us to today to book an appointment to view or book a stay in our Experience Apartment!
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 24 hour Careline support system
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Fitted kitchen with built in oven, hob and fridge/freezer
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped garden
- Owners' Lounge with coffee bar
- Private gated parking
- Secure camera entry system
- Walk out balconies on selected apartments
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
- This development is in close proximity to the train station, Aldi, Sainsbury’s and a bus stop, making it easy to get around, with all the amenities nearby. There’s also a post box directly opposite the lodge.
- On the southern outskirts of the town lies Standen, the National Trust’s flagship Arts and Crafts country house. Walkers and cyclists have a wide choice of walks and trails that leave the town for the surrounding countryside.
- The beautiful Forest and Worth Ways both start in the town and form part of the Sustrans National Cycle Trail. The long distance High Weald Landscape Trail also passes through the town from Horsham en route to the sea at Rye.
- Some buildings date from the 15th and 16th centuries, and there are splendid examples from Georgian and Regency times too.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- McIndoe Lodge
- Doctors Surgery
- Train Station
- Post Office
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Move for Free* or up to £17,000 Cashback* in conjunction with Home Exchange - The choice is yours
Many Owners have taken advantage of once of these fantastic offers which is why we are brining our 'Choices' promotion back! Pop in for a coffee and a chat and we can talk through your options and find out what's important to you!
Patricia Boorman and her husband lived in their cosy bungalow in the rural countryside of Hailsham for over 8 years.
More properties in West Sussex and nearby
Boutique Style Development
Prices from £350,000
Peace of Mind With Security Built In
OVER 75% SOLD
Last Chance to Buy – Final Two Remaining
Prices from £399,950
1 Bedroom Apartment from £324,950
2 Bedroom Apartment from £399,950
Prices from £324,950
Last One Remaining – With Sea Views!
Awaiting Planning Permission
Awaiting Planning Permission
Town Centre Location
Prices from £284,950
Prices from £249,950
This popular development is now fully reserved
Prices from £350,000
Last One Remaining!
Show Complex Now Open
Prices from £299,950