400 g hot smoked salmon
800g Jersey Royals, scrubbed clean
200ml natural yoghurt
Extra virgin olive oil
½ a cucumber
½ a bunch fennel tops
½ a bunch fresh basil, (15g)
- Slice potatoes into small chunks. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and add the potatoes. Bring back to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes until potatoes are nicely cooked.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by mixing the yoghurt with the lemon zest and juice, a pinch of salt and black pepper and a lug of extra virgin olive oil.
- Drain the potatoes well, tip into a mixing bowl and season immediately with salt and pepper. Drizzle with a little olive oil and, after 5 minutes, stir in most of the dressing. Leave potatoes to cool.
- Peel and halve the cucumber lengthways, remove the seeds and cum into 0.5cm slices. Roughly chop the fennel.
- Add the cucumber and fennel to the potatoes, pick in the basil leaves and mix well.
- Once divided up the salad into even portions, flake over the smoked salmon. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
This recipe is taken from Jamie Oliver.