Job title: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: Exeter, South-West
- Are you a talented Senior Surveyor, who wants to work for a dynamic company with bold growth plans?
- Do you want to be part of a company who not only values its people, but also rewards them accordingly?
Churchill Retirement Living are the fastest growing company in the UK retirement house building sector and we’re looking for people like you. We’re a family-run, privately-owned business and we are proud of what we do and the people we work with.
We have exciting and ambitious growth plans for the future. Our mission is to be the most successful house builder in the UK and our objective is to achieve the growth required to deliver 1,000-unit sales by 2024. With an award-winning product and sector-leading profit margins, the Company is now committing to investing in the future and the long-term growth of the Business.
We pride ourselves on building beautiful, quality, purpose-built one and two-bedroom apartments in desirable locations across the UK, for those looking for an independent lifestyle in later life. Developments are designed to take away all the hassle and fears of home ownership and provide security, peace of mind and independence.
We’ve won a host of awards; most recently we have been recognised by The Sunday Times as the 3rd Best Company to work for, and in 2016 became the first ever retirement living specialist to have been named overall ‘Housebuilder of the Year’ by the WhatHouse? Awards.
About the role
Due to our continued expansion, we’re now looking for an experienced Senior Surveyor to become part of our newly established Exeter Regional Office, which will oversee developments across our South-West Region.
You’ll manage the entire financial cycle for up to three contracts at any one time: from the preparation of anticipated build costs, through to the procurement, payment and final evaluation of subcontractors.
It’s a great role for those who love autonomy and exposure, as you’ll have the opportunity to work with a variety of key internal stakeholders from the Land Team through to the Managing Director. You’ll also be working with our external contractors, suppliers and consultants; agreeing trading terms and contract negotiations.
You’ll be responsible for preparing construction budgets, monitoring costs, preparing schedules, estimates, making payments and monitoring procurement of subcontracts and materials.
This is a new role, in a newly established region and your duties will include:
- Measuring drawings, taking off quantities, preparing schedules, estimates and other working documents.
- Provide the material costs for the preparation of construction budgets.
- Source suitable suppliers and issue tender enquiry documents.
- Negotiating proposed order values and new Regional Supply agreements, together with purchasing of materials
- Appointing and managing sub-contractors
We’d love it if your commercial acumen has been gained on £multi-million Residential Apartments, Retirement Living, Extra-Care Homes or student accommodation, where you have taken projects through their full life cycle, from tender to Final Account.
You’ll hold a relevant HNC or HND qualification together with professional body membership (RICS or MOICB). It goes without saying that you’ll be comfortable understanding architect drawings, specification documents, as well as the relevant terminology.
It’s important you’re a commercially astute negotiator who is used to exceeding time and financial targets, your huge self-motivation and ability to prioritise your workload, will ensure you are comfortable working independently and collaboratively to take on a wide range of responsibilities.
Hours of work are 9.00am - 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am – 5.00pm on Friday. The role is office and site based and some additional overtime may be required to meet targets.
How you’ll be rewarded
- Competitive salary
- Company car or cash for car allowance
- Annual holiday entitlement of 24 days + Bank Holidays
- Day off on your birthday
- Excellent Colleague benefits including:
- John Lewis vouchers - £200 to all expectant mums and dads
- Ongoing investment into your personal development
- Training Courses and Professional Memberships paid
- Colleague well-being initiatives and ambassadors
- Peer recognition programme
- Colleague referral bonus
- Access to Employee Assistance programme
- Eyecare reimbursement
- Land introduction bonus
- Friends & family discount against the cost of a new Churchill apartment
- Charitable match-funding programme for Colleagues wishing to raise money for their chosen charities
If you want to be part of our success story, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number SW1212.