At Churchill Retirement Living, we are committed to looking after your data in a safe and secure way. This Policy is designed to inform you about what data we hold, what we do with this data and about your rights.
1. Use of Personal Data
We collect and process your personal data for the purposes of:
- informing you about the benefits of independent living and how Churchill Retirement Living can provide you with a home for your retirement;
- to communicate with you regarding events that might interest you and to contact you regarding your attendance at such an event;
- to personalise your experience with us;
- fulfilling your requests for marketing and sales information;
- internal reporting, business and management purposes;
- to assist you to buy and move into a new home; and
- to inform you about changes to our website, services or products.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish.
2. The Legal basis for processing your personal data
We will mostly be processing your personal data on the basis of consent in fulfilling your requests for marketing and sales information. On occasions we may obtain direct marketing databases from third parties who have obtained the personal data on the basis of consent to receive such third party marketing or on the basis of their legitimate interests.
Buying and Moving into Your New Home
Once you begin the process to reserve your new home with us we may provide your personal data to our trusted third party partners on the basis of legitimate interests or performance of a contract to assist you to buy and move into your new home. These third parties include but are not limited to estate agents, home exchange companies and removal companies.
Performance of a Contract
In specific situations we may process your personal data to fulfil our contractual obligations to you. This includes but is not limited to passing your contact details to any property management company overseeing the maintenance and management of the development that you are moving into or to a panel solicitor who will contact you to arrange to provide you with legal services to help you buy your home.
3. Safe and Secure Processing of Your Personal Data
We take our obligations to look after your personal data very seriously and the vast majority of processing takes place in the United Kingdom. As is common though in the current technological world it may be that on occasions data may be transferred to locations outside of the UK or European Union for processing and storing.
We take steps to ensure that all appropriate and suitable safeguards are in place to ensure that your data is treated and stored securely, regardless as to whether your data is being processed in the UK, EU or anywhere else in the world.
4. Sharing of Personal Data
We do not provide your personal data to any third party other than to assist you to buy and move into your new home. These third parties include but are not limited to solicitors, estate agents, home exchange companies and removal companies.
To avoid doubt we do not sell or provide your personal data to any third party for direct marketing purposes.
Third Party Links
5. Your Rights to Your Personal Data
You have the right to:
- request confirmation of the personal data that we hold about you and what we are doing with this data;
- request the correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete;
- ask that we stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes:
- request that we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you have withdrawn that consent;
Churchill Retirement Living Limited is the data controller and can be contacted by writing to: Data Protection at Churchill House, Parkside, Ringwood, Hampshire, BH24 3SG or by emailing email@example.com.
Our internal procedures and policies are reviewed regularly and therefore this policy may accordingly be updated from time to time, so please review the content of this policy regularly.
Contacting the Regulator
If you feel that your data has been handled incorrectly or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can contact them by calling them on 0303 123 1113 or access them via their website at www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
If you are based outside of the United Kingdom you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
This Policy notice was last updated on 24th May 2018.