Retirement Apartments in Wigginton
We are delighted to announce that we have been granted planning permission to build 45 one and two bedroom retirement apartments in Wigginton.
Wigginton is a popular village featuring a wide range of local facilities including shops, public houses, sports and health facilities. Wigginton is ideally located for the many amenities available in York City centre. The A1237 York by-pass provides swift and easy access to the local road networks, making this development the ideal location for an active and independent retirement. The village also adjoins Haxby where there is a range of facilities including, Supermarkets, Post Office, Banks and a variety of traditional shops and local businesses.
Register your interest now for regular updates.
- Show Complex
- Ready to
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 24 hour call centre support system
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Free parking
- Lively events calendar on offer
- Lodge Manager
- Low maintenance lifestyle
- Owners' Lounge with coffee bar
- Secure camera entry system
- Walking distance to town centre
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Beautiful village in the City of York
Wigginton is conveniently located only a 5 minute bus ride or drive to York city centre as well as being surrounded by restaurants and public houses for socialising and eating out.
- A doctors’ surgery and dentists are both less than half a mile away from the development.
- Whether its posting a letter or every day banking, the post office is less than half a mile away too.
- For booklovers a thriving library is convenient located in nearby York.
- York offers an abundance of days out including historical Yorkminster.
- The Original Viking Encounter at JORVIK Viking Centre invites you to explore the sights, sounds and smells of Viking-Age in the heart of York.
- York Castle Museum located in York’s old prison building allows you to walk along the cobbled Victorian street which is full of shops, costumes, social history and military collections.
- The National Railway Museum in York allows visitors to escape the day-to-day and join us for a journey through time. Book your free admission tickets through our website. Home to iconic locomotives and an unrivalled collection of engineering brilliance, we celebrate the past, present and future of innovation on the railways.
- Doctors Surgery
- Post Office
- National Railway Museum
- Shambles Market
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions