Retirement Apartments in Diss
We’re delighted to announce the apartments at the new retirement development of Mere Lodge in the traditional market town of Diss, Norfolk are now available to reserve. Mere Lodge features 58 beautiful apartments, a selection of one and two bedrooms, along with landscaped gardens and an Owners’ Lounge for socialising with neighbours and friends.
- Show Complex
- Ready to
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 24 hour call centre support system
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Free parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped garden
- Lodge Manager
- Owners' Lounge with coffee bar
- Secure camera entry system
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- A potential saving on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Attractive market town
Nestled in South Norfolk, Diss is a traditional market town and the gateway to the stunning Waveney Valley which stretches eastwards from the town. With a rich heritage and culture, it’s no wonder Diss is a sought-after place to live.
- Whilst the town is quite small, it’s vibrant and bustling with a number of high street retailers and independent boutiques. You’ll also find an array of cuisines to choose from, perfect for a dinner date with family and friends.
- Diss is famous for its Mere, a deep natural inland lake that’s set within plush parkland where you can picnic or simply stroll along admiring the many birds that frequent this area.
- Being a traditional market town, a weekly market takes place every Friday, whilst the Diss Farmer’s Market comes to town on the second Saturday of each month.
- Bressingham Steam and Gardens is a steam museum and offers beautiful gardens, situated just west of Diss. The unique gardens are truly tranquil and provide the perfect location for a relaxing afternoon. Or why not take a trip on one of the four railways, or ride on the steam Gallopers!
- Diss is a fantastic location and is extremely well connected! You can get to Norwich by train in just 20 minutes, or if you fancy a day out, you can be in London within 90 minutes. The coast is only an hour away too, if you decide you’d like to spend the day at the beach.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Mere Lodge
- Post Office
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Churchill Retirement Living are delighted to be bringing an exclusive collection of 15 two bedroom retirement cottages to Diss.
Living in a Churchill cottage provides you with the independence you have enjoyed throughout your life, but with the additional Lodge Club membership cottage Owners can benefit from the events programme in the communal Lounge, from cheese and wine evenings to keep fit classes.
All cottages feature a generous kitchen/family/dining room which makes for a great place to relax and socialise. This opens out onto a private garden. Each cottage also offers a private parking space.