Retirement Apartments in Bury St Edmunds
This retirement development of 49 one and two bedroom apartments is located in the historic market town of Bury St Edmunds is now under construction. The site is located within the heart of the town, surrounded by award winning restaurants, fantastic shopping, annual festivals and stunning parks. Construction has now commenced, register your interest now for updates.
Bury St Edmunds has been voted as a Sunday Times Best place to live 2019.
- Show Complex
- Ready to
All apartments at Churchill Retirement Living are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it.
There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come fully fitted with a waist-height oven, hob, hood, fridge/freezer and dishwasher space. Most of our developments also have integral washer/dryers fitted in all apartments as standard.
The master bedrooms have walk-in wardrobes as well as TV and telephone points, with even the smallest details considered.
The apartments come with tiled shower rooms as standard, while some of them have separate en-suites and cloakrooms as well – all designed for ease of use and with the needs of our customers in mind.
All apartments are stringently inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they are handed over to the standard of finish and quality expected by our customers.
- Fitted kitchen with built in appliances
- Free parking
- Gated development
- Landscaped garden
- Lodge Manager
- Owners' Lounge with coffee bar
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from a 3 bed house to a 2 bed apartment could save approximately £1,300* per year.
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Based on ‘Sizing up the Situation’ report (Housing LIN, 2014) and Millstream Service Charge data.
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Millstream Management Services
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Market town of Bury St Edmunds
Rich in history, visitors have lots to discover in Bury St Edmunds.
- Find out about Bury St Edmunds’ role in the Magna Carta, the story of Saint Edmund, and where a French Tudor Queen rests.
- Visit the Abbey ruins, the site of one of the most important medieval monasteries in Europe, and wonder at Suffolk’s only cathedral.
- Explore medieval streets and architecture, Georgian squares, Britain’s last remaining regency theatre, and the town’s literary links to Shakespeare, Charles Dickens and Norah Lofts.
- Eat and drink at award-winning restaurants, gastropubs and cafés.
- Shop ’til you drop at independent boutiques and leading high street stores.
- Enjoy a wealth of leisure activities, including spas, swimming, golf and tennis.
- Walk or cycle through picturesque parks, woodland and meadows. Enjoy the tranquility and beauty of the open spaces of the Abbey Gardens, Nowton Park, West Stow Country Park and Ickworth Park and Gardens
- Bury St Edmunds is an ideal base for exploring the rest of the East of England too. Newmarket is just 20 minutes away, Cambridge 35 minutes, Ipswich 35 minutes.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Liberty Lodge
- Moyse's Hall Musuem
- Arc Shopping Centre
- Leisure Centre
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Churchill Retirement Living has launched a competition for local people to name its new retirement development which is coming soon to Bury St Edmunds, with construction now under way at the site on Risbygate Street.
More properties in Suffolk and nearby
Awaiting Planning Permission
Awaiting Planning Permission
LAST 1 REMAINING!