Retirement properties in Ludlow
Betjeman Lodge is a stunning development of 44 retirement apartments located in the historic town of Ludlow. Perfectly located close to the local shops and amenities and designed to provide you with an active and independent retirement, Betjeman Lodge is the perfect retirement choice. With only one apartment remaining, don’t miss out on the opportunity to start enjoying the retirement you deserve sooner than you think.
With only one apartment remaining, don’t miss out on this popular development!
Call us on 01584 874299 to view our last two apartments.
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 24 hour Careline support system
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Fitted kitchen with built in appliances
- Free parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped garden
- Lodge Manager
- Owners' Lounge with Coffee Bar and WIFI
- Secure camera entry system
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
In the heart of Ludlow
This collection of retirement flats in Ludlow is located on Corve Street, just metres from Ludlow train station. Described by Country Life magazine as ‘the most vibrant small town in the country’, it has everything you need whether you want a slower pace, or an active lifestyle.
- Ludlow is a beautiful market town in Shropshire that dates back to the 11th Century. Containing over 500 listed buildings, it is a haven for history buffs.
- A Tesco superstore is across the road from the development, while all the main shops and restaurants are just around the corner.
- Nestled atop the hill is Ludlow Castle, which is ideal for day trips with the grandchildren, while the town centre is home to The Feathers Hotel – one of the best known, Grade I listed buildings in the town.
- The nearby leisure centre is ideal for keeping fit, while the sport of bowls is also popular in the town. Surrounding countryside makes the area ideal for relaxed, weekend walks or cycle rides.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Betjeman Lodge
- Ludlow Library
- Post Office
- Doctor's Surgery
- Lloyds Bank
- Ludlow Castle
- Leisure Centre
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Apartment 40 – £199,950
A stunning East facing one bedroom apartment on the second floor, with fitted carpets, blinds and lights, that could be yours sooner than you think!
We can help you Move for Free or why not ask about our Home Exchange package?
– Contact us to find out more!
Move for Free* or up to £10,000 Cashback* in conjunction with Home Exchange - The choice is yours
Many Owners have taken advantage of once of these fantastic offers which is why we are brining our 'Choices' promotion back! Pop in for a coffee and a chat and we can talk through your options and find out what's important to you!
Betjeman Lodge Owners took part in Wear It Pink Day on Friday October 20th. Everybody had fun dressing up in pink, helping to fund life-changing breast cancer research and support with the £196.oo that they raised on the day!