Retirement properties in Barnstaple
We’re delighted to announce that we’ve been granted planning permission for a collection of 75 one and two bedroom retirement apartments. Located in the heart of Barnstaple, Barum Lodge will offer magnificent views of the town centre, waterfront and surrounding countryside.
We are anticipating that construction will commence in December 2023 and that first occupations will be in Autumn 2025. Be the first to find out the latest updates by registering your interest today.
- Show Complex
- Ready to
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 24 hour call centre support system
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Fitted kitchen with built in appliances
- Free parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped garden
- Lodge Manager
- Owners' Lounge with Coffee Bar and WIFI
- Secure camera entry system
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Retirement in the heart of beautiful North Devon
Barnstaple is an historic market town and the largest town in North Devon with a bustling High Street offering a wide range of shopping facilities and eateries. Located on the estuary of the River Tawn, Barnstaple lies to the north of Dartmoor and to the west of Exmoor National Park.
- The town has many attractive buildings that date back several centuries including St Anne’s Chapel, Barnstaple Castle and The Georgian Guildhall
- Barnstaple enjoys a variety of leisure amenities including the North Devon Leisure Centre with a 25m swimming pool, 102 station gym, sports hall, 3 squash courts, spa and soft play, and the Queen’s Theatre where you can choose from a variety of entertainment
- Barnstaple is well placed for trips to the coast with the popular sandy beaches of Woolacombe and Croyde being less than 10 miles away
- There are a lot of great walks to explore from Barnstaple along the River Taw which link up with both the SW Coastal Path and the 180-mile Tarka Trail
- Barnstaple’s historic Pannier Market has a wide range of stalls with everything from fresh local produce, flowers, crafts, art and fashion as well as several cafes.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Barum Lodge
- Post Office
- Convivence Store
- Train Station
- Leisure Centre
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions