Retirement properties in Handforth
Churchill Retirement Living are pleased to be bringing a collection of 39 one and two bedroom retirement apartments to Handforth. Ford Lodge benefits from a communal Owners’ Lounge and Coffee Bar, as well as communal gardens. The Lodge is ideally located close to amenities including a large John Lewis and Lakeland.
We are delighted to announce construction is underway and we anticipate first occupations in Summer 2024 – register your interest now to receive updates on this exciting new development!
- Show Complex
- Ready to
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 24 hour call centre support system
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Free parking
- Lively events calendar on offer
- Lodge Manager
- Low maintenance lifestyle
- Owners' Lounge with coffee bar
- Secure camera entry system
- Walking distance to town centre
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Vibrant town in the heart of Cheshire
The attractive town of Handforth is located between Wilmslow, Heald Green and Styal in Cheshire. With amenities close by and easy access to Manchester city Handforth is the ideal location for an active and independent retirement.
- Conveniently located nearby are several nearby bus stops, offering regular services to and from nearby Wilmslow and East Didsbury.
- For those wishing to go further afield Handforth railway station offers direct services from Handforth to Manchester.
- Located near to the development, is the local library and St. Chad’s Church of England Church.
- Essential local amenities less than five minutes away, include Handforth Health Centre, the local Pharmacy, Opticians, an optometrists and a dental practice.
- Paddock Shopping Centre, right on the doorstep, includes a Tesco Express, a bakery, a café, a barbers and beauticians.
- Marks and Spencer, Boots, Tesco Extra and Timpsons can all be found only ten minutes away at Handforth Dean Retail Park, together with Sainsburys and ASDA supermarkets.
- Handforth is less than half an hour away from Manchester via the A5107 or the A34 bypass from the south via the M6.
- There are a variety of restaurants closeby offering cuisine including Chinese, Italian, Greek and traditional English Fayre with several public houses also located not too far away.
- For sports enthusiasts, Handforth Hall Tennis Club is conveniently located very near to the development.
- Nearby Bruntwood Park is a large park consisting of ornamental gardens, ponds, waterways, wetland, mature woodland and hay meadows and also features the Vinery Restaurant – the perfect day out.
- Located just a short walk down the road is a John Lewis, where you can find all the groceries you’ll need.
- There is a Lakeland located nearby. perfect for those with a love for cooking and baking,
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Ford Lodge
- Lakeland Supply Shop
- Convenience Store
- Miniature Railway
- National Trust - Quarry Bank
- Tatton Park
- John Lewis
- Shopping Centre/Retail Park
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions