Retirement Apartments in Devon, Totnes
After a successful Launch Event this development is now OVER 50% RESERVED OFF PLAN! Don’t miss out! Call the team TODAY to find out more about this popular development.
Set in the heart of Totnes Elmhirst Lodge is a collection of 42 one and two bedroom retirement apartments, with many featuring balconies or patios overlooking the landscaped gardens.
Totnes has an enviable and vibrant selection of independent restaurants, coffee shops and lifestyle stores and is a popular place to head for a day out with something for everyone! From wine and cheese tasting to taking in the commanding views of the town from the top of the keep at Totnes castle and riverside walks, there’s something for everyone to enjoy in and around Totnes, whether you want to relax, be active or soak up the local history.
The Show Complex at Elmhirst Lodge is NOW OPEN! Be amongst the first to view the beautiful show apartments and Owners’ Lounge & Coffee Bar.
Please note the temporary Welcome Centre has now moved from The Coach House in Station Road to the main building Elmhirst Lodge. Access is via the High Street or via the path to the left of the Coach House.
- Show Complex
- Ready to
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to live your best retirement life in Devon!
There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms. Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 24 hour call centre support system
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Fitted kitchen with built in appliances
- Free parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped garden
- Lodge Manager
- Owners' Lounge with coffee bar
- Secure camera entry system
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Living in the picturesque town of Totnes
This site in the historic and affluent market town of Totnes in south Devon is ideally located for local amenities and services. Totnes is set on one of Britain’s most picturesque waterways, the River Dart and there is plenty to be found close by to suit every kind of retirement lifestyle.
- The town has an excellent range of small independent retailers and unique shops and is renowned for its promotion of ethical products, wholefoods and fair trade goods
- Totnes has a rich and fascinating history with highlights being the Norman Totnes Castle which overlooks the town, the atmospheric Guildhall and the town museum
- The surrounding countryside is beautiful and can be enjoyed on foot, via a river trip on the Dart or on the steam railway which runs along the stunning valley of the River Dart between Buckfastleigh and Totnes
- Nearby Sharpham Vineyard set on the banks of the River Dart offers the perfect day out – enjoy a tour of the winery and taste its award winning local produce.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Elmhirst Lodge
- Norman Totnes Castle
- Totnes Guildhall
- Train Station
- Post Office
- Totnes Castle
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions