Retirement properties in Honiton
We are delighted to announce that we’ve been granted planning permission for a collection of 57 brand new one- and two-bedroom retirement apartments in the popular market town of Honiton.
Set on the banks of the River Otter, Honiton is a beautiful place to call home. Famous for its lacemaking, antique shops, and café culture there is a good selection of high street retailers and independent shops as well as a High Street Market three days a week.
These brand new retirement homes are located in a quiet residential area just a stone’s throw from the High Street and are ideally situated for an independent lifestyle.
Construction is now well underway at Otter Lodge and our Welcome Centre is now open. Don’t miss out! Be the first to see the plans of this brand new development and find out more about the Churchill lifestyle. Pop in or call today.
- Show Complex
- Ready to
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 24 hour call centre support system
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Fitted kitchen with built in appliances
- Free parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped garden
- Lodge Manager
- Owners' Lounge with coffee bar
- Secure camera entry system
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Retire to Honiton
Honiton is a charming market town which lies within the East Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and on the banks of the River Otter. It is 17 miles north east of Exeter and is regarded as the antiques capital of the South West.
- The town has many attractive period buildings including All Hallows Museum, the oldest building in Honiton which dates back to the 13th century and is now a museum housing the most extensive display of Honiton Lace in the world.
- Honiton has a variety of leisure amenities including Honiton Leisure Centre offering a swimming pool, badminton and squash courts, a gym and exercise studio and The Beehive, a community venue with a programme of live events, cinema and exhibitions.
- The countryside around Honiton is perfect for walking and getting back to a slower pace of life with many local beauty spots. Among them is Iron Age Hembury Fort and Blackbury Camp, both carpeted with bluebells in late spring.
- The town centre offers a wide range of shopping facilities including small high street retailers as well as a bakery, a post office, hairdressers, a pharmacy and a selection of coffee shops and eateries.
- Honiton offers good transport links with buses servicing the surrounding area and Honiton Railway Station with direct services to London Waterloo and Exeter St David’s.
- The Jurassic Coast is just a few miles away so you can enjoy a day trip to the beach at Seaton, Sidmouth or Beer to admire the stunning coastal landscape and, of course, enjoy local fresh fish and chips or an ice cream.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Otter Lodge
- Train Station
- Leisure Centre
- Post Office
- Doctors Surgery
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
Churchill Retirement Living has marked the naming of its new Otter Lodge in Honiton, with a £100 donation to local charity Devon Air Ambulance Trust.