Retirement Properties in Canterbury
We are delighted to announce that we have acquired this new site in Canterbury which is perfectly located for the local shopping amenities. Surrounded by a bustling city centre Canterbury has everything for your day to day needs including a Sainsbury supermarket, post office, library, bakery, park and a leisure centre within one mile.
Canterbury is a thriving city with excellent transport connections and a range of amenities. Being centrally located in Canterbury allows Owners’ easy access to shops, restaurants, healthcare facilities, and entertainment options. The city’s historic attractions and cultural events are also within reach, providing ample opportunities for exploration and leisure.
This site is currently awaiting planning permission. Register your details with us today and receive updates for this retirement development, coming soon!
- Show Complex
- Ready to
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 0.2 miles to Railway Station
- 0.3 miles to local shops
- 24 hour Careline support system
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped gardens
- Lodge Manager
- Low maintenance lifestyle
- Owners' Lounge with coffee bar
- Walking distance to town centre
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Beautiful cathedral city
Canterbury has a rich history dating back to the Roman times. It is most famous for being the home of Canterbury Cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the oldest Christian structures in England. Canterbury offers a diverse range of shopping experiences, from high-street brands to independent boutiques.
- The city’s main shopping district is centred around the medieval Westgate Towers.
- Canterbury has a vibrant food scene with numerous cafes, pubs, and restaurants serving a variety of cuisines, including traditional British fare and international dishes.
- Canterbury benefits from a brilliant location, with excellent transport links on your doorstep. The city has a well-connected train station, providing easy access to London in under an hour, plus many bus routes easily accessible.
- The area surrounding Canterbury boasts picturesque landscapes and natural beauty. The Kent Downs, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, lies on the city’s doorstep. This stunning countryside offers opportunities for hiking, cycling, and enjoying the outdoors.
- The nearby coastal towns of Whitstable and Herne Bay are popular seaside destinations with beautiful beaches and charming seaside atmospheres.
- Post Office
- Leisure Centre
- Train Station
- Doctors Surgery
- Westgate Gardens
- Canterbury Cathedral
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
More properties in Kent and nearby
Brand New Show Complex Now Open
Show Complex Now Open
Show Complex Now Open
Town Centre Location