Retirements Properties in Dorset
Churchill are delighted to announce that we have identified a site in the picturesque coastal town of Bridport in Dorset, for a proposed collection of one and two bedroom retirement apartments. Only a mile from the dramatic Jurassic Coast, Bridport is a vibrant market town with an eclectic mix of shops, cafes and restaurants and a popular arts and culture scene.
The acquisition and development of the site is subject to the grant of planning consent.
Register your interest today for updates.
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 24 hour Careline support system
- Energy efficient and economical heating
- Free parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped gardens
- Lodge Manager
- Owners' Lounge with Coffee Bar and WIFI
- Secure camera entry system
- Walking distance to town centre
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- A potential saving on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Coastal Living in Bridport
Enjoying a unique location in the town, this proposed development is ideally placed to enjoy all that this vibrant market town and surrounding West Dorset countryside has to offer.
- The town’s thriving high street is home to a number of independent family-run shops and some well-known high street stores. Bridport also hosts a bustling street market every Saturday, as well as regular farmers’, craft and vintage markets.
- Entertainment in Bridport is plentiful; festivals include the Hat Festival, the Ropewalk Fair and Bridport Food Festival, which is a week-long celebration of local food. The Arts Centre and Electric Palace present an exciting programme of film, theatre, music, comedy and dance.
- Foodies will find a variety of high quality, local food, with a wealth of award-winning local food producers in and around the town, and restaurants and pubs serving great British classics.
- Day trips could include a tour of the historic Palmer’s Brewery, a visit to the beautiful Jacobean manor and gardens at Mapperton House or sample a glass of Furleigh fizz with a vineyard and winery tour at Furleigh Estate.
- Bridport lies around a mile from the coast at West Bay, a charming fishing village on the famous Jurassic coastline, with large stretches of shingle beaches either side of a small harbour with pleasure crafts and fishing boats. You’ll find the South West Coast Path (the longest National Trail in the country) passes along the cliffs at West Bay; simply perfect for an afternoon stroll, enjoying the far-reaching views across the Devon coastline and observing the local wildlife.