Retirement Properties in Somerset
We are delighted to announce that we have acquired this site for a proposed collection of one and two bedroom retirement apartments and retirement cottages in the attractive Somerset village of Street. Situated on the slopes of the Polden Hills and surrounded by beautiful countryside and fascinating towns, Street is home to the popular Clarks Village outlet shopping centre and a thriving High Street boasting independent retailers, cafes and restaurants.
Register your interest today for updates on this exciting new development.
Need to move sooner? Our nearest selling development is at Riverain Lodge in Taunton where you can enjoy an independent, low maintenance lifestyle. Call our sales team to find out more.
- Show Complex
- Ready to
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 24 hour Careline support system
- Free parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped gardens
- Lodge Manager
- Low maintenance lifestyle
- Owners' Lounge with Coffee Bar and WIFI
- Secure camera entry system
- Walking distance to town centre
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Somerset’s largest village
Situated on the High Street in the heart of the village, this proposed development is perfectly placed to enjoy Street’s independent shops and cafes, modern shopping village and to explore the surrounding countryside.
- The birthplace of Clarks Shoes, today Street is home to Clarks Village, an outlet shopping venue with over 90 designer and high street brands set amongst attractive green spaces and landscaped gardens.
- Greenbank Swimming Pool in the heart of the village is an outdoor heated pool surrounded by leafy trees and the perfect spot for a picnic after a leisurely swim.
- Strode Theatre runs a varied programme of live professional and amateur events, and mainstream and arthouse films with a changing exhibition of work by local and regional artists in the foyer.
- The surrounding hills offer spectacular views to both the Mendip and Quantock Hills and as far as the Bristol Channel. They are also home to a wealth of wildlife including the rare large blue butterfly.
- The neighbouring town of Glastonbury is home to Glastonbury Abbey, the iconic Glastonbury Tor and Chalice Well which sits at the foot of the Tor.
- Further afield is the historic city of Wells, Britain’s smallest city, with its magnificent cathedral, moated Bishop’s Palace and gardens and bustling Market Place.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Doctors Surgery
- Post Office
- Clarks Village
- Glastonbury Abbey
- Strode Theatre
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
More properties in Somerset and nearby
Prices from £249,950
All Now Reserved!
Book a visit today!