Retirement Properties in Shaftesbury
We are delighted to announce that we have acquired this site for a proposed collection of one and two bedroom retirement apartments in the pretty Dorset market town of Shaftesbury. Steeped in history and tradition, Shaftesbury is one of the oldest and highest towns in England, home to pretty thatched cottages, quaint tea shops and a High Street filled with independent shops offering everything you need.
Register your interest today for updates on this exciting new development.
- Show Complex
- Ready to
Our developments have been carefully designed to make life easier, leaving you free to enjoy your retirement.
All apartments are completely self-contained with their own front door, providing you with privacy and peace and quiet when you want it. There is a choice of one and two bedroom apartments and they may all vary slightly when it comes to dimensions and position of rooms.
Kitchens are tiled with colour-coordinated worktops, and come with integrated appliances.
All apartments are inspected by our Customer Services department to ensure they meet the high standard of finish and quality expected by our customers. Churchill Retirement Living is the only major housebuilder to offer a 3 year warranty period as standard. Churchill is also a member of the National House-Building Council and every Churchill apartment is also covered by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark warranty.
- 24 hour Careline support system
- Free parking
- Guest Suite for friends and family
- Landscaped gardens
- Lodge Manager
- Low maintenance lifestyle
- Owners' Lounge with Coffee Bar and WIFI
- Secure camera entry system
- Walking distance to town centre
Service charges explained…
We understand that the ongoing cost of running your new apartment is an important factor to consider when deciding to purchase a Churchill apartment, here’s some key Service Charge benefits:
- Downsizing from an average 3 bedroom house to a retirement apartment could save an average of approximately £2,300* per year
- A potential saving of around 15% on bills.
- Renewable technologies to supply hot water and heating to reduce electricity bills.
- We also insulate our developments to a very high standard.
- The need to turn the heating on is kept to a minimum.
- Owners are consulted annually
- We always aim to keep the cost as low as possible.
“Living in a Churchill Apartment is absolutely marvellous. The whole building is so nice and warm all the time that we’ve hardly had to use the heating inside our apartment. When we do turn it up a notch or two it’s nice to know we don’t have to worry about the cost or the environmental impact, as it’s all so energy efficient and covered within our annual service charge.”
John and Doreen Pitt, Lewis Carroll Lodge, Cheltenham
We are here to help you every step of the way
We appreciate everyone’s household costs will differ, and just how daunting the idea of a service charge can be. We are here to help you every step of the way, please contact one of the team to discuss your current costs and help you discover just how much you could be saving. A full service charge budget analysis is available for each individual development.
*Comparison between a typical 3 bedroom house from EPC data and a typical one and two bedroom Churchill apartment taken from EPC/Service Charge data
Find out more about Independent Retirement Living
- What is retirement living?
- Independent living
- Safety and security
- Facilities at our lodges
- Is retirement living for you?
- How much does it cost?
- Churchill Estates Management
- See what our customers say
Our moving services are designed to help you every step of the way.
Please note this is a generic virtual tour.
Home of the famous Hovis Gold Hill
Situated on Christy’s Lane, in the historic market town of Shaftesbury, this proposed development is well located for the town centre’s independent shops, restaurants, cafes and tea rooms.
- Shaftesbury is the home of Gold Hill, with its steeply inclined cottages and cobbled lane, made famous by the Hovis advert and has magnificent views over the Blackmore Vale. At the top is the Gold Hill Museum with its cottage garden. The modern museum tells the story of rural and town life.
- The town hosts a weekly charter market. Regular Farmers’ Markets, book fairs, flea markets and Sunday Markets add to the town’s bustling atmosphere.
- The award-winning Shaftesbury Abbey Museum and Gardens bring to life the story of Saxon England’s foremost Benedictine nunnery.
- Shaftesbury Arts Centre has a regular, lively year-round programme of amateur and professional plays, films, art, photography and craft exhibitions and workshops.
- The town boasts a number of events throughout the year including Shaftesbury Food and Drink Festival, Shaftesbury Fringe and the Gold Hill Festival
- Stourhead’s Palladian house and world-famous landscape garden provide the perfect backdrop for a leisurely stroll or picnic.
- Longleat is home to the UK’s original Safari park, where you can discover exciting wildlife on the Safari Drive-though and take a tour around the park’s Elizabethan House and grounds.
To locate the points of interest on the map hover over the location marker.
- Doctors Surgery
- Post Office
- Gold Hill
- Shaftesbury Arts Centre
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.Get Directions
More properties in Dorset and nearby
Book a visit today!
Excellent town centre location
Awaiting Planning Permission
Only 2 Remaining!
Prices from £249,950
Prices from £344,950